The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Jyrki Lumme says "Hei - enkö ole sinulle mitään?"

Raymond says. “My back!!!”

Sutter wore it before Eriksson came and he went from having a healthy career to an injury ridden one.  Only played 20 games that year. 

And then Eriksson happened. 

Cursed number I tell you!!

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Maybe it isn't a bad idea to sell high in Demko after that unreal playoff performance.  Find another young goalie with potential and let Clark work his magic.  We would still have Marky at top form for at least 3-5 more years I would think.

Trading Demko now puts the ball in Marky's court in negotiations. I wouldn't consider moving Demko until Marky is signed as he's the insurance right now.

33 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

If podz is included in a deal for OEL JB better pag his bags 

Unless we're getting Soderstrom, Garland, and Keumper back with OEL.

But yeah, Podz is a "push us over the top" type prospect for where we are in our timeline. We need that Russian pitbull on ELC.

Edited by nergish
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, nergish said:

But yeah, Podz is a "push us over the top" type prospect for where we are in our timeline. We need that Russian pitbull on ELC.

Yes. Trading Podz would be a huge mistake - but I don't see it happening anyways...

14 minutes ago, nergish said:

agreed, lots of teams that have won the cup seem to have an ELC guy come out of no where. Podz could be the guy, I am excited for that kid.

1 hour ago, Jayinblack said:

Exactly.... a trade for OEL would have him and Hughes locking down the left side for a long time (barring a switch for QH).  I still think we'll resign Edler to a 1yr deal or two at a greatly reduced rate and have this for a couple years:

Hughes-Tanev

OEL-Myers

Edler-Rafferty/Tryamkin/Stecher

This is exactly what I would be hoping for, except by switching the top two lines.  OEL and Myers (Don't forget Myers is the complementary piece of this line and not the main horse) are vets that can handle the mins and top guys giving us the ability to protect Hughes and Tanev a bit.  They are capable, but it's doesn't hurt to give Hughes a bit of insulation.  Would love to see an Edler Tryamkin pairing too.  That would be my choice if Jimbo can make that happen too.

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

Moj on 1040 just now saying a close source (prob OEL's agent) saying they are Frustrated with Arizona because they are putting more effort into trying to get them to expand their list vs trying to get a deal done with the Canucks or Bruins. And the Canucks have def put in a fair / good effort. 

Lol if I were OEL I'll reduce that list to either Canucks or Boston and tell them they also informed that team they are the only one on the list. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The part about going to sign with Boston before his extension with Arizona might play in the Canuck's favour - ie are they supposed to want to give up assets for him now that he did not sign with them..?  In light of that, I wonder if both teams on that list might share the lowball conviction.   Regardless - stick to a lowball and if Boston outbids you, so be it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

same - but I think that he is the most expendable and also NHL ready of the group making it most likely he will end up in any deal we do

its a good use of the pick as well. I do think the fanbase is sleeping on Rathbone too. 

Edited by Robert Long

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It was an assumption made by the poster and perhaps a little of Dhaliwal spinning a narrative

I guess I’d be asking for the same and if I was JB I’d be hanging up the phone. Not gonna happen. Thanks for the reply 

• Cheers 2