The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Almost to a man you can say how proud you are of this group. Any time you see a young player have success you're proud of them. Obviously you want to see them succeed, I've been with him for a while and I'm happy for Demko to raise his game to this level." - Green on Demko

The almost being Erikkson.

I will say the reffing was not the issue tonight 

the fact that we refused to shoot and stretch their team killed us

we collapsed in our end and let them lock us in our own end 

Demko gave us every chance we needed to win and we wanted his heroics 

good run but a crap way to lose 

Nux reminds me of the young Hawks team.

The core is developing and proved they can compete well in playoff hockey.  They have exceeded expectations this season. When Marky went down earlier this yr, Demko was struggling a bit. The team started sliding and almost fell out of playoff spot at the pause. 

Maybe the team will fair better this yr with healthy Leivo and Ferland. But depth is always something every team wants. 

JB has a busy off season. Lot of contracts to juggle.

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Pete DeBoer Is a much better coach than Green 

don’t believe me?

what coach had the brains to call a time-out to prep the pp? 

what coach had the better game plan?

make no mistake, Demko stole 2, games and almost stole 3, but it covered up so many sins that need to be fixed 

I love this team and am proud of the boys but we need better coaching to get the next level 

Vegas is in their prime and the odds on favourite to win Cup.

DeBoar is a very good coach no doubt and I do agree Green should have called time out for last PP...

But Green did great this year. Made adjustments and got the team motivated to play hard and take the team to final 8. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The fact this team made it this far is unbelievable.

We can see the future we have in our young guys. They got so much experience out of these playoffs, we're going to take a bigger step next season (which is right around the corner guys).

What Demko did to get us to a 1 goal game 7 is incredible. He's our #1 starter in a season or two. Guaranteed. 

Vegas will probably win the cup, they're extremely dominant, and to think that if we had scored a couple we probably would have won, which is absolutely insane. 

I am more than satisfied with these playoffs, I love this team, and I can't wait to see how we look next year with new ELC's making the team and perhaps some trades.

• Like 3