The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Alex Pietrangelo to test free agency

Not sure this is possible, but is there any chance that Armstrong is bluffing, and that a deal with VAN could still be worked out for OEL? I believe Demko was the sticking point, but if Armstrong came back with a more reasonable offer? 

or, any chance OEL was the one who nixed this trade? (with Markstrom not being re-signed here)

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not sure this is possible, but is there any chance that Armstrong is bluffing, and that a deal with VAN could still be worked out for OEL? I believe Demko was the sticking point, but if Armstrong came back with a more reasonable offer? 

or, any chance OEL was the one who nixed this trade? (with Markstrom not being re-signed here)

The deadline was by OEL not Armstrong.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

We don’t have $8 million even if we let all those guys walk.  We have $5 million including the Virtanen liability that we can’t spend because we qualified him and aren’t allowed to walk away from a decision.

You can come up with all word of imaginary future moves you want.  We haven’t made any of them yet and haven’t been able to make any of them up until now.  Imaginary future moves don’t mean we have more money now.

I am not forgetting about Edler.  I am remembering that we will have to re-sign Petterson, Hughes, and Demko.  I am remembering that we would have $4 million in pushed ELCs that will have to be paid.  I am remembering we will still have Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, Ferland, and Luongo’s cap recapture on the books that year.

What is the obsession with Virtanen’s QO.  He’s an RFA just like Gaudette or any other one, it’s not a big deal.  

RFAs gets traded all the time, proof Domi and Anderson were trader for each other.   

If we sign AP (not saying we will or should) but we can always move Jake or anybody else after.

even if we have to trade Jake below market value to clear money, we just

signed AP for free, so I won’t really care.

What about:

to NYI - Eriksson, Sutter (this name means something on Long Island), and Gaudette

to VAN - Boychuk and Johnston

Eriksson (LW/RW) - $2.5 x 2 years

Sutter (C/RW)- $4.375 x 1 year

Gaudette (C/RW) - $1 (roughly)

Boychuk (RD) - $6 x 2 years

Johnston (LW) - $1 x 2 years

It would basically be a cash exchange/dump for both teams. Canucks could use a gnarly veteran RD. Johnston is big, but doesn't produce much. 

Edited by NUCKER67

I can understand that Armstrong don't wanna get pushed around by OEL/agent and the Canucks, but this is not like with Hamhuis where benning took a small hit short term to prove a point, this will turn very sour for both OEL and the franchise and is just bad business.

I do agree with the OEL camp though that once FA period opened the ship had pretty much sailed. Same goes for AP, if he's not desperate to get out of St Louis I think they made a big mistake not signing before FA period.

Wow... with Krug going to STL, the chairs are starting to fill up. Not a lot of (good) teams left with cap to sign him. Be hilarious if AP has to settle for less than the $8x8 STL was offering because nobody else can afford to pay him... :lol:

Be even funnier if we managed to snag him on say a $8x6 deal....:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Only way we could afford him is if we shredded a couple contracts.

If we could get him at less $ and term  than EOL was going to be and had to spend a couple of the trade assets we were going to send to ARZ to clear a Sutter, Baer etc and not -resign Tanev at likely $4+....

$8x6, an asset or two to move Sutter/Baer, no Tanev...I'd do that.

Edited by aGENT

Just now, aGENT said:

If we could get him at less $ and term  than EOL was going to be and had to spend a couple of the trade assets we were going to send to ARZ to clear a Sutter, Baer etc and not -resign Tanev at likely $4+....

I think Pietrangelo is likely gonna get max term and 8.5-9M.

We'd have to clear Sutter and Eriksson. Mainly Eriksson because he has that extra year that'd hurt if we kept him and managed to get Pietro.

It'd probably cost us our top 2 picks next draft and a bit more.

Just now, Gaudette Celly said:

From who?

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We'd have to clear Sutter and Eriksson. Mainly Eriksson because he has that extra year that'd hurt if we kept him and managed to get Pietro.

This.

AP gonna sign here for 6.5 x 7.....

after we move Eriksson by including Gaudette as the principal in a deal....to Arizona.....after they send OEL and Goligoski to Boston for their more coveted prospects/picks....Zona continues on their race to the cap floor...everyone is happy....except St Louis...

Profit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

From who?

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

As above. Trade pieces for cap room. The who is the usual suspects of floor teams.

regards,  G.