The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

True.  That’s why Benning needs to go all in and get Hakanpaa and Hamonic.  We need two large defensive RHD who can partner with Hughes and OEL.  I don’t see Schmidt as a valid partner for either.  Colorado played with a smaller D last year and we know what happened.  

Hughes      Hamonic

OEL           Hakanpaa

Juolevi       Myers

Rathbone 

I’m still hoping that JB can work out a deal with Chicago for Zadorov. Although he shoots left he is comfortable playing the right side. An even up deal for Schmidt would give us the size we need and some cap room. Plus he’d be a Russian comrade for Podkolzin.

Just now, FlyLow_ said:

Here come the Canes to crush it again..

Yeah I believe in coach brindy but not really in their management philosophy.. trading away a good cheap goalie in njedkolvich and their general reluctance to pay their stars like aho and we'll see how the handle svechnikov now

• Like 1

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

That's the tallest player they've drafted since 2017. :lol:

hockeyprospect had him at 13.

you never know who comes and goes with these independent scouting services, but they've been one of the better ones by a good margin over the past half decade imo.

4 minutes ago, goblix said:

Yeah I believe in coach brindy but not really in their management philosophy.. trading away a good cheap goalie in njedkolvich and their general reluctance to pay their stars like aho and we'll see how the handle svechnikov now

Their ownership is terrible, but they are excellent at drafting.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Doesn’t seem like we will get 2021 draft picks for Nate Schmidt.  When is the trade going to happen?

I don’t think it will happen until later this week when UFAs start being signed. Hopefully we’ll recoup some picks for the 2022 draft.