The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] St. Louis is considering filing a tampering charge towards Vegas

29 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

There used to be a discussion period of 5 days before players signed, that's why there was signings 5 minutes after it opened. That was not this case this year, however. 

I hope Vegas gets charged. They have had way too many things handed to them freely since being in the league. 

No there was only that period for a short time, it was a recent development that is now gone.  Multi-year contracts with very complicated structures have been signed for decades immediately after free agency opens.  Even when they had that "courting week" they were technically not allowed to talk actual numbers and negotiate the contracts.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

No there was only that period for a short time, it was a recent development that is now gone.  Multi-year contracts with very complicated structures have been signed for decades immediately after free agency opens.  Even when they had that "courting week" they were technically not allowed to talk actual numbers and negotiate the contracts.

probably doesn't get called as much if a player has made it clear to a club he is going to test free agency and not return then its not really an issue and a club probably would lose out more by being an ass about it (which is why deals are announced 5 mins after I would imagine). STL on the other hand were actively trying to tie him down and if vegas interfered with that there could be a case to answer for.

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

It will never happen but I'll laugh so hard if the league forced a divorce between AP and Vegas and nullify the contract.

Man wouldn’t that be something.   AND force them to give us Tuch and a first for compensation ha ha 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Nontroversy 

thats too bad. It would have really amped up the hate when these teams met. The more they beat on each other the better our chances are of making the playoffs :P

Edited by Robert Long

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

How was Pietrangelo supposed to know that VGK was the one trying to make space to sign him, and not the other teams like Vancouver BEFORE the UFA period?

Gm's talk to player agents. Could have been passed along down the grapevine to Pietrangelo.  Now if Vegas talked directly to his agent or Pietrangelo that is something that is worth a significant punishment. 

2 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

There used to be a discussion period of 5 days before players signed, that's why there was signings 5 minutes after it opened. That was not this case this year, however. 

I hope Vegas gets charged. They have had way too many things handed to them freely since being in the league. 

That rule was added recently, 2013 I think after the last CBA signing, but players were still signing 5 minutes after opening of free agency before that too.

3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Vegas ought to be fined and lose a 1st (I just don’t want that first going to the Blues!).

2 2nd's from the Vegans to the Blues

They all need a mighty strong dose of humility in that gambler's snake-pit. Such penalties^ & we can forgive them for sneakin' out on the ED!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

4 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Such an unenforceable rule.  Teams have so many ways of signalling intent without technically saying it.  Where do a good chunk of the rumours in this part of the board come from?  What do "insiders" do for a living?  How can anyone stop it?  Is there any point in trying?

There is a differences between signaling interest on a player via trades where the team is compensated and team signaling interest on a pending UFA a few days/week before market open.

Just now, timberz21 said:

There is a differences between signaling interest on a player via trades where the team is compensated and team signaling interest on a pending UFA a few days/week before market open.

Morally, sure, that's true.  And it's the basis of the tampering rule.  My point is just that realistically, the rule can't be enforced.