The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

how far have you gone?

smithers joe

2 years Bantam Rep

2 years Midget Rep

Decided to focus on a sport i was better at - Rugby at the CIS level.

Retired from Rugby and fell back  in love with my first love hockey.....   Now i play 60-70 beer league games a year and love it.   Hockey is  a life long sport and that is not common in the sports world. 

• Cheers 1

Started on the frozen ponds of Quebec...  and ended there.  Never played on a team since we barely had money for shoes, let alone equipment.  

You are talking to a soccer rec league champ though and high school tennis ... top-6 (in his school) player ;) 

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

7 time border city ball hockey champion.

Bet you guys didnt realize you were amongst a legend like myself. 

It's true, no one could warm a bench as good as you. It really inspired the team over and over again.

Too bad we had to put you out there during that 8th championship run...

Played rep for four years, played my last season in a house league and actually liked it more. Parents made me stop playing because we couldn't afford all the travelling involved at the time. Wish I kept playing and haven't played almost 20 years. Once this pandemic stuff is over, I'm finding a beer league and getting back to playing, if only for the exercise.

• Cheers 1

okanogan peewee bantam midget  

got scouted by who tacoma rockets  crazy part   few yrs after my dad died i found tacoma scouting card in his briefcase  guess who the scout was  graham james same scumbag that molested theo fleury and sheldon kennedy  my jaw dropped so crazy that he talked to my dad bout me playing in tacoma  but i wasto small when i was 16 i was 5’1 130  at 18 i was 6’2 155  was a winger or shutdown center 

played yr on saanich  junvenile rep in 95 

Now im  6’4 240   buddy in highschool played whl in prince george with chara got drafted by wings played ahl wasnt gonna get chance in detroit  played swedish elite league finland khl swiss and german leagues  had a great career in europe 

i havent played in 5 yrs cuz of a semi truck accident  but im getting ankle surgery in dec should be recovered by june so it will be back to being healthy  and playing hockey 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

okanogan peewee bantam midget  

got scouted by who tacoma rockets  crazy part   few yrs after my dad died i found tacoma scouting card in his briefcase  guess who the scout was  graham james same scumbag that molested theo fleury and sheldon kennedy  my jaw dropped so crazy that he talked to my dad bout me playing in tacoma  but i wasto small when i was 16 i was 5’1 130  at 18 i was 6’2 155  was a winger or shutdown center 

played yr on saanich  junvenile rep in 95 

Now im  6’4 240   buddy in highschool played whl in prince george with chara got drafted by wings played ahl wasnt gonna get chance in detroit  played swedish elite league finland khl swiss and german leagues  had a great career in europe 

i havent played in 5 yrs cuz of a semi truck accident  but im getting ankle surgery in dec should be recovered by june so it will be back to being healthy  and playing hockey 

I saw that team play in PG.....(against Seattle and Patrick Marleau) what is your buddy's name? (I might remember him)

Ball / street hockey. Had a really good Sunday game going up until a few years back.

High light was once played in a little tourney on a team with SNFU and the Hanson Bros' punk bands.

Was poor when we moved here from England in 82'. I begged to go into hockey but all we could afford was a baseball mitt, so  I played that sport for years.

I'm a true fan boy of Hockey. I can skate so maybe there is still time for me yet to get into a slow poke old guy league.

• Cheers 1

Made it all the way to lower tier beer-league.

I never won any championships but I did make the all-star game.  It was pretty cool, our league had a partnership with the Flames.  So the game was at the Saddledome with the Flames' announcer and the big screen, the whole nine yards.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I saw that team play in PG.....(against Seattle and Patrick Marleau) what is your buddy's name? (I might remember him)

quinn 

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

3FBAF13E-0B6C-4C88-A38F-22D69D4B2926.png

• Cheers 1