The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames Sign Josh Leivo

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Reminds me of Jeff Tambellini.

Good versatile player who played a role for us but we likely got his best year.

^ this is very likely imo. I wasn't as enamoured as many on this site with him. He was OK on the boards but he isn't better than anyone on our top 6 and he's not a bottom 6 grinder.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

JB seems to have made his bed with Motte, Hawryluk and MacEwen.. that’s an obvious style he’s courting right there for the bottom 6 and they’re all young and cheap enough to work with long term. 

We’ve long noticed there were too many middle 6 types on the roster... with Leivo’s injury it seems like they just aren’t willing to commit.  I would have been fine gambling on him at that price but more opportunity for Jake in the top 6 or Hoglander/Lind etc.  Not like we don’t have options.

This is a good point. Leivo may not have wanted to compete with those guys for a spot in the line up. I mean he's in his late 20's and likely only has 1 maybe 2 more chances to sign a big contract in the NHL. 

• Cheers 2

I am surprised he is NOT back with Vancouver...NOPE!!

We already have too MANY F signed, then add 2 way deal we just gave out to someone else PLUS Hogz among other prospects will be at camp fighting to show well.

Need to let the prospects have a CHANCE to make the team. 

Best of luck to Josh, he had a brutal injury so good to see him get a contract and not just receive a PTO.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sucks that he has to live in that hellhole, but this gifts him guaranteed top 6 minutes and gives him a chance to sign with a men's team next year.

I don't think Calgary is bad....better than Edmonton.

I'd take a job in Calgary for $800k that pretty much guaranteed I'd be on holidays from May to October.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I don't think Calgary is bad....better than Edmonton.

I'd take a job in Calgary for $800k that pretty much guaranteed I'd be on holidays from May to October.

The entire province is an absolute cesspool.  I also wouldn't want to downgrade from playing on an actual NHL team to an AHL team with serious character issues.  You couldn't pay me enough to live in  that dump or have those gutless pieces of trash for teammates.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The entire province is an absolute cesspool.  I also wouldn't want to downgrade from playing on an actual NHL team to an AHL team with serious character issues.  You couldn't pay me enough to live in  that dump or have those gutless pieces of trash for teammates.

Interesting....

I'd play in Edmonton for $10M a year no problem. With a smile.

To each their own.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, rekker said:

So we lose a good player at pretty much league minimum because of our overpaid, highest paid slug who isn't better than Leivo. F off LE .

Holy crap. I woke up from a nap, after a suds lunch, wrote this, and still not quite sure what I meant to say, lol.

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

When was the last time you were in Alberta? It’s a beautiful province. Nice people. Edmonton is a depressing hole, but Calgary’s alright. 

• Cheers 3