The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

MD got some bad advice and lost a sweet gig. I like how they mix it up with singers anyways.

I'm just glad we're rid of Richard Loney.

Sorry he is dead, but he murdered that 'song' way too many times.*

Donnelly has shown his stupid side with this nonsense; good riddance; the pandemic is outing so many; drain the swamp.

While we're at it, lets identify and eliminate those fentanyl-dealing murderers who have trapped so many victims.

Credit to our government for finally decriminalizing these poor people who have fallen into their traps.

* Slapshot:  "Shut up man!  I'm listening to the song."

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You're asking questions but have yet to answer some first....

And it does not say masks are not effective, so quit with that because it's false information and unwelcome here.

You do  understand the word "most" and, in absence of that we're not left with "not"?  Lesser, sure.  But still somewhat effective and "better than nothing".  Because it's not a matter of "all or nothing"....ANYTHING we can do to reduce the risk is SOMETHING.

And if you understand how it works, you'd know that any face covering will catch some of the droplets and that is effective at "helping".

Hopefully all questions are answered and now you can comment.

If those tiny droplets that do not get caught in the mask still spread COVID-19, what was the point?

Maybe there's a better way where a number of Canadians aren't feeling like their rights are infringed upon?

Not a fan of the teams and division, regardless.

• Wat 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like your message of compassion, but imo its misplaced here. 

MD certainly has the right to say what he wants. But don't confuse that with his professional responsibilities. MD chose to make his thoughts public, and in the role of an ambassador or sorts for the Canucks organization he has a responsibility to not reflect badly on the organization. Your freedom of expression rights don't absolve you of your employment terms. 

Beyond that, he has an entire workforce to consider in relation to their health, safety, and well being.

When it comes to life/death situations, that trumps all else and there's a matter of urgency if these are Donnelly's beliefs and he's defying health orders that  potentially put others at risk.  Done deal, cut the ties.  

He was disassociating his brand from a news report that would have likely connected him/them to the event.  He had every right to protect his interests...funny how "rights" are only for some people.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Your own article clearly says cloth masks have an effect. You're confusing "less effective" with "ineffective"

If that effect is 3% for example, they can conclude it has an effect.

How much of an effect does it have when COVID-19 is 0.06-0.14 um in size?

We can debate the semantics, but if there's still a chance you're spreading COVID, what's the point?

• Wat 2

12 minutes ago, bree2 said:

not to cause overrun nurses and doctors  even more problems, and being selfish to others, because that is all they are accomplishing!

You are welcome to that viewpoint, but they have a different outlook on the situation.

So I see this more as the government doing a poor job finding a solution that works for everyone, hence the protests.

• Wat 3

7 minutes ago, Tystick said:

If those tiny droplets that do not get caught in the mask still spread COVID-19, what was the point?

Maybe there's a better way where a number of Canadians aren't feeling like their rights are infringed upon?

Not a fan of the teams and division, regardless.

If they are caught though...dingdingding.  There's your answer...didn't even need me if you think of the flip side of the "if" scenarios.

You're not really selling your case on this.  At all.

If there's a way to potentially reduce" the spread of this thing, we all need to do it.  Because our rights don't extend beyond public health risks.

You have the right to stay home and do whatever you like...when out in public/society, that's limited.

But don't bother responding...it's a gorgeous day and I'm going to mask up and go for a walk.  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

To reduce the spread. 

This cant be stopped. We are reducing the spread. 

If this spreads out of control and all of the ICU beds fill up in the hospital... overwhelms our healthcare system...

What happens when your dad needs a bed for a heart attack? Or my mom goes in with a stroke? 

It's about slowing down the spread to a manageable rate until vaccines are in place. That's the point.

Sad that we've been n to this pandemic for almost a year and I still see people explaining this very point every day.

You'd think it would just be accepted common knowledge now.

....you'd think.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

That's actually untrue. Viral load (the amount of virus you're exposed to) plays a huge part in if you become infected and in how sick you become if you do get infected.

COVID duplicates in the body just like any other virus so yes as it multiplies and overloads your immune system you get sicker.

1 hour ago, Tystick said:

"when Covid hits your your fat a$$, when some non mask wearing fool sprays covid on you, I hope they find a box big enough for you "

Yeah we sure are standing up against those evil anti-maskers by wishing death upon a man who was beloved in Vancouver.

1. I don't wish death upon anyone. The whole point in masks is to AVOID death.

2. I am all about saving lives. That's what this is all about. This is what standing up against anti-maskers is all about. If you think this "culture" you're defining is about wishing death on others, you have no idea on reality at that point. You're living in fear just because heaven forbid you have to wear a mask. Get your head out your butt.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If they are caught though...dingdingding.  There's your answer...didn't even need me if you think of the flip side of the "if" scenarios.

You're not really selling your case on this.  At all.

If there's a way to potentially reduce" the spread of this thing, we all need to do it.  Because our rights don't extend beyond public health risks.

You have the right to stay home and do whatever you like...when out in public/society, that's limited.

But don't bother responding...it's a gorgeous day and I'm going to mask up and go for a walk.  Cheers.

No I'll gladly respond, thanks though.

The efficacy of all masks against different sizes of particles has been studied and I encourage you to read into them because they are very interesting.

As I stated before, when wearing a surgical mask, 0.3-0.5 um particles are filtered at a 74-90% efficacy depending on whether the subject was talking, breathing, coughing, or sneezing.

COVID-19 is somewhere in between 0.06-0.14 um in size. Logic suggests there may be some effect, but once again, 100 particles is all it takes.

This is all in assumption that people are wearing their mask properly and 100% of the time.

We must account for human error which is logically rampant. 

IMO these measures are doing nothing.

Agree to disagree, let's just all try to get along.

6 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Right. So you want to be exposed to less of it. 

Maybe, maybe not. There's no conclusive data on this.

Anyway, the mask mandate is set to expire in the coming days, so I assume we should see a drop in cases soon?

• Wat 1