The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

As a CPA with 30 years experience I'm gonna tell everyone. One bad month in business is a blip. 6 bad months puts businesses in bankruptcy.  Decisive decisions now mean the down turn could be short lived.  If you own a restaurant  or a  pub or gym or s night club ir a movie theater or a yoga studio what do you want?  A bad month or 6 bad months? There will be many bankruptcies if this drags out. 

Please be decisive government. Take action now to shorten the downturn.

Anyone who thinks I'm wrong go to yòur local pub and see how slow they are right now.  6 more months and they're all under.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its not about "control" its about doing what most experts think will save the most lives. 

I think a lot of people don't get this.  The moment the virus was in our borders, with a 2 week incubation period and high transmission percentages it was already a lost battle.  The fight at that point in time becomes more about containment and mitigation.  It worked with numerous outbreaks int eh recent past including ebola.  

I trust those people implicitly.  

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

As a CPA with 30 years experience I'm gonna tell everyone. One bad month in business is a blip. 6 bad months puts businesses in bankruptcy.  Decisive decisions now mean the down turn could be short lived.  If you own a restaurant  or a  pub or gym or s night club ir a movie theater or a yoga studio what do you want?  A bad month or 6 bad months? There will be many bankruptcies if this drags out. 

Please be decisive government. Take action now to shorten the downturn.

Anyone who thinks I'm wrong go to yòur local pub and see how slow they are right now.  6 more months and they're all under.

Recessions make millionaires.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Recessions make millionaires.

You are a pathetic troll. Enough of you.

Ya personal tragedy and bankruptcy is an opportunity. What an awful person you must be. I'll come check you out at the bottom of this buddy. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

You are a pathetic troll. Enough of you.

Ya personal tragedy and bankruptcy is an opportunity. What an awful person you must be. I'll come check you out at the bottom of this buddy. 

Man....

You're uh.  Ya

Take care now 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Toews said:

And I will be watching for spikes in suicide rates from social distancing in the coming months. Maybe the UK has the right idea with their 'herd immunity' strategy of combating the virus. Looks like someone forgot to send them your "links".

You mean the strategy that they abandoned because scientists, the people actually publishing empirical research in the "links" I provided, told them that it would result in a quarter-million deaths?

https://www.technologyreview.com/f/615369/uk-dropping-coronavirus-herd-immunity-strategy-250000-dead/

A new report issued by a group of experts advising the UK government offers a blistering assessment of the country’s previous “herd immunity” approach to coronavirus, suggesting that as many as 250,000 people could die as a result—and that it would do little to stop health-care facilities from being overwhelmed. 

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, EmilyM said:

That's the new partisan divide we're discovering in our society during a crisis. All I can say is I hope you don't infect others, because I don't think you're changing your mind. If you can't sacrifice a small period of time (in the grand scheme of things) with reduced entertainment for the greater good of society, I think we're just very different human beings.

I think he is extremely selfish...…...

and Maybe he should think about his love ones he will infect...……….I hope they all pull through...…….I hope he can live with it if they don't

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

You mean the strategy that they abandoned because scientists, the people actually publishing empirical research in the "links" I provided, told them that it would result in a quarter-million deaths?

https://www.technologyreview.com/f/615369/uk-dropping-coronavirus-herd-immunity-strategy-250000-dead/

We will see the full effect of this "social distancing" strategy and the impact it has on society as a whole. 

Edited by Toews