The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Was looking into when you should consider getting tested yesterday (I believe it was the cdc or provincial website) and it said only if you had significant symptoms.... it struck me as dumb lol. 

Point of view from Japanese working in China. Impressive tech and measures. Now they have to apply that to those slum wet markets and wildlife trade. Can't expect to live like a developed society when there are 3rd world sanitation involving the food supply and illegal trades right in your backyard.  They didn't do enough after SARS. Maybe this time will be different. Xi has the power to get it done if he wants to, ironically. 

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Recessions make millionaires.

Not sure recession is the right term for what’s happening right now lol.  My portfolio is super small but of the 8 stocks I hold several have hit all time lows.... I hesitate to use the term because I think most things will bounce back relatively quickly but it seems a bit more like a crash. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Was looking into when you should consider getting tested yesterday (I believe it was the cdc or provincial website) and it said only if you had significant symptoms.... it struck me as dumb lol. 

I don't think there are enough tests it is the only thing thing that makes sense.