The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On 1/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, gurn said:

Anyone seen KOS in the last  couple of weeks or so?

I don't like a lot of his posts, but hope he, and his family  is doing well.

Wonder if he took the advice of some here to bring his masks-in-schools campaign to the streets

Edit: Oh never mind there he is up there

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Teachers likely will not get vax early... instead they will likely only........  get a 10% off coupon for either of.  Dr. B's. BBQ sauce  or  Dr. B's Book......... 

Did Dr. Bonnie, like, steal your fruit roll-up from your lunch box in elementary school or something bro? Good god the way you rant about her you'd think she was like, Mark Messier or Brad Marchand or something

7 hours ago, wloutet said:

Looks like I'm about 6 millionth in line. Always wanted to be the 6 million dollar man!

The 6 million dollar man you say??

spacer.png

Edited by ImConfused
  • Haha 4
  • Wat 1

48 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's not entirely wrong though........as difficult as that is to admit

Do we know of the % or number of student/teachers/staff that got Covid-19 from schools?

In the schools that I'm familiar with, all cases were that they got it from home/community.  No outbreaks in the schools or transmissions.  Not saying it can't happen.  But haven't seen/heard of it so far.  Mind you, the schools that I know of, roughly 90% students/faculty wear face masks all day.

I do wish they bump up teachers and staff next to get the vaccines earlier (like right after 1st responders and elderly home care facilities).

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BPA said:

Do we know of the % or number of student/teachers/staff that got Covid-19 from schools?

In the schools that I'm familiar with, all cases were that they got it from home/community.  No outbreaks in the schools or transmissions.  Not saying it can't happen.  But haven't seen/heard of it so far.  Mind you, the schools that I know of, roughly 90% students/faculty wear face masks all day.

I do wish they bump up teachers and staff next to get the vaccines earlier (like right after 1st responders and elderly home care facilities).

We do not

On 1/8/2021 at 1:05 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Online vaccination  calculator. Gives you a rough idea when it’ll be your turn. 

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-ca

But whats considered an essential worker lol.  In BC its different than other places.  During the initial lockdown where the closed tons down, BC was like hey these are essential workers its a list of 95% of the jobs in BC lol

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, BPA said:

Nope....gotta make sure inmates and other criminals are vaccinated first.  I mean, they've contributed so much to society and all...

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

We do not

In Ontario at least, they post the number of cases in each school every day at 10:30 on their website.   Up the road from us is the local highschool and next to it the elementary school...so far this fall one kid got Covid in the elementary school (connected to a health worker who got it), they immediately quarantined 300 of the 500ish kids for two weeks (September), since then 0 cases.   Not sure how they are doing it in BC, but here at least the information is readily available if your interested enough to look into it.     So far 7982 cases in Ontario have been from school both students and all staff...so far 212k cases total.    The arithmetic says this is around 3.7% of all cases in Ontario are traced to school. 

Edit:   That said they’ve only been open for September-Dec break .... something to consider too. 

Edited by IBatch

21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

In Ontario at least, they post the number of cases in each school every day at 10:30 on their website.   Up the road from us is the local highschool and next to it the elementary school...so far this fall one kid got Covid in the elementary school (connected to a health worker who got it), they immediately quarantined 300 of the 500ish kids for two weeks (September), since then 0 cases.   Not sure how they are doing it in BC, but here at least the information is readily available if your interested enough to look into it.     So far 7982 cases in Ontario have been from school both students and all staff...so far 212k cases total.    The arithmetic says this is around 3.7% of all cases in Ontario are traced to school. 

Edit:   That said they’ve only been open for September-Dec break .... something to consider too. 

https://doodles.mountainmath.ca/blog/2021/01/02/bc-back-to-covid-school/

We have no honesty or transparency in bc regarding schools

Edited by stawns

34 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nope....gotta make sure inmates and other criminals are vaccinated first.  I mean, they've contributed so much to society and all...

prisons are a major source of outbreaks, that's why they are doing it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

prisons are a major source of outbreaks, that's why they are doing it.

prison aren't dungeons. People work here, get exposed and bring it out into the world. 

This is just conservatives trying to whip up anger. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1