The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

47 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Re: your first point:  C'mon, none of us here can tell what issues she might have from her voice on the video.

Re: your second point:  No, I couldn't read it.   But in an earlier post you critized her for filming the incident at all.  Now you're criticizing her for not including enough details?

In any event, from the Translink website:

https://www.translink.ca/rider-guide/coronavirus-precautions#ministerial-order-on-mask-use

TransLink will suspend the issuance of exemption cards given we are not able to exempt customers from a Ministerial Order. The Ministerial Order does exempt persons from wearing masks in some circumstances. Transit Police will conduct standard inquiries with any customer not wearing an appropriate mask or face covering, whether they hold a TransLink issued exemption card or not.

She didn’t appear to have made mention of any physical, cognitive nor mental impairment that would allow her to be exempt from the mask mandate on public transit. She just gave a general statement of being exempt. 

She was being a Karen and she can go &^@# herself, in her car, in Richmond. 

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That woman definitely sounded like she has a psychiatric condition.

Being a Karen is not a medically accepted medical condition. 

It’s a condition of entitlement and false sense of superiority where one believes that norms and rules don’t apply to them. 

Karenism would be a great paper for some university or college student imo. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Karenism would be a great paper for some university or college student imo. 

Easiest paper in the world.

Walk in tell prof "I didn't do it, because I'm Karen and don't have to" then walk out.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Easiest paper in the world.

Walk in tell prof "I didn't do it, because I'm Karen and don't have to" then walk out.

I think there’s a great Sociology/Psychology opportunity to delve deep into what makes Karens a Karen. 

Almost all are white. Almost all are female. The socioeconomic status however is wide ranging. 

Where does the entitlement derive from? Is it a real or perceived entitlement? What’s the entitlement from their perspective?

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not.

But I think that could be the case.

I'm with Sharpie. Although it's technically possible that she has a psychiatric condition, her comportment suggests to me that her condition is, as he so eloquently puts it, "Karenism"....

As I said earlier, I was unable to find any supporting evidence for a Mask Exemption Card. If she was lying about that, my opinion is that she was lying about the rest as well.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I don't share it.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually, I have to admit that you might be correct.....

I found this on Global Edmonton:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7261770/coronavirus-edmonton-bylaw-exemption-cards-masks/

That woman definitely sounded like she has a psychiatric condition.

No I absolutely believe her when she says she has a respiratory condition.

she probably has COVID 

• Haha 2

I see both sides of this because this was in December and there WAS an exemption for people with medical issues in accordance with this:

https://bchumanrights.ca/wp-content/uploads/BCOHRC_Dec2020_Mask-Exemption-Poster_FINAL.pdf

However, the story said that her card wasn't legible and she even states at one point that she has an exemption from her doctor "at home".  So in her situation, I feel the cop was justified in how he reacted.

And hers was a show for the camera/lawsuit she'll try to file for sure.  People these days are setting the scene with shows like that, that's all.

I agree...if she's in a state that she can't wear a mask she sure didn't show it when she erupted....seemed fine to me.  I'd also agree that she likely should have driven her own vehicle then too.  Others who use transit really don't need to contend with these belligerent, self centred idiots. 

• Cheers 2

What angers me is all these people who suddenly claim to be unable to wear a mask because of some disability.   I know people who have actual lifelong disabilities and some of them can actually wear a mask.  Some of them actually make an effort to wear a mask.  These people use the disability as a crutch.  Plain and simple. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think there’s a great Sociology/Psychology opportunity to delve deep into what makes Karens a Karen. 

Almost all are white. Almost all are female. The socioeconomic status however is wide ranging. 

Where does the entitlement derive from? Is it a real or perceived entitlement? What’s the entitlement from their perspective?

I'll keep it brief since it probably belongs in the George Floyd thread, but it's because this particular group of white people are confident that cops won't deal with them in an overly aggressive manner. Minorities such as blacks on the other hand...they'll likely fear that such entitlement might come with consequences beyond just a fine. 

• Cheers 3

If you do any kind of digging into the origins of a lot of tinfoil hat posts, you'll find a similar pattern.   Most of their misinformation comes from a few.

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-identifies-111-accounts-behind-most-anti-vaxx-posts-2021-3?r=US&IR=T

Facebook found that a vast amount of its anti-vaxx content comes from a hard core of only 111 accounts

• Facebook in a report obtained by The Washington Post identified key vaccine skepticism influencers. 
  • 111 accounts were behind half of all material doubting vaccines shared by vaccine hesitant users, it found.
  • Facebook is under pressure to counter the spread of vaccine misinformation. 
  • Vintage 2

8 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If you do any kind of digging into the origins of a lot of tinfoil hat posts, you'll find a similar pattern.   Most of their misinformation comes from a few.

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-identifies-111-accounts-behind-most-anti-vaxx-posts-2021-3?r=US&IR=T

Facebook found that a vast amount of its anti-vaxx content comes from a hard core of only 111 accounts

• Facebook in a report obtained by The Washington Post identified key vaccine skepticism influencers. 
  • 111 accounts were behind half of all material doubting vaccines shared by vaccine hesitant users, it found.
  • Facebook is under pressure to counter the spread of vaccine misinformation. 

Facebook should be abolished. 

13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Are sky fairy groups about to get more privilege than other groups?

What are the conditions? 

It’s ok to practice a belief in an invisible  sky daddy but heaven forbid some of them believe in putting a mask on due to the invisible virus that could actually kill them. 

It’s a crazy crazy world. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If it isn't Facebook, it will be something else.   The pandoras box that is social media has been opened and there is no going back.   

yup, you can't put that genie back in the bottle.

• Cheers 1

On 3/15/2021 at 8:26 PM, UKNuck96 said:

Stop spouting $&!#, the uk has no such export stop at all. Plus the uk is the largest contributor to covax the program to share vaccines with poorer countries.

uf you actually read up on the topic rather than a utuber said so you might realise this. 

the issue with AZ and the EU is 3 fold - the vaccine for Europe is predominantly produced there and their production rate is slower - two go look at my post a few pages ago the uk total ordered to September wouldn’t even make a drop in the eu shortfall even if the uk handed over all of their vaccine. Three to uk funded the vaccine and gave AZ funding to improve capacity and production at its uk factories , the EU didn’t. 

AZ is an Anglo Swedish company and not the UK government. The uk government has not stopped denied or held up a shipment to the EU. I don’t particularly like our government but in this occasion it’s not on them 

Your post is just another example that you have no clue what's going on. Here are the facts:

Asked which countries this principle  (export stop() might cover, von der Leyen cited the U.K., which she said was the "No. 1" destination for EU vaccine exports, while not sending any shots back in the other direction.

"We have observed that in the last six weeks, actually 10 million doses by now have been exported to the U.K.," she said. "We're still waiting for doses to come from the U.K."

Going forward I will not read any more posts from you because you are absolutely clueless.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst