The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I wish you'd source your claims, so I wouldn't have to waste a bunch of time trying to find out if what you're claiming actually happened or not....

This is what I found on the Fauci claim: https://www.statesman.com/news/20200429/fact-check-did-fauci-say-coronavirus-was-lsquonothing-to-worry-aboutrsquo

I think it's pretty clear that at the time, he felt there was nothing for Americans to worry about, because the virus had not yet become a global pandemic. However, he was also pretty clear in saying that the situation could change. I suppose he can be criticized for not being able to tell the future, but I'll leave that to people like you and Tucker Carlson....

As far as criticizing Trump goes, it was his 4 years of lies, denial and rolling back of environmental regulation that set the entire process back, so I'd say that criticism of him and his enablers like Gohmert is on point. If you have a specific criticism of Joe Biden, fill your boots and I'll agree, or disagree, depending on whatever point you're making.

Also the fact that LG was using his stupid remark to try and downplay the reality of Anthropogenic Climate Change makes it somewhat more consequential than someone saying that an island might tip over, whether he meant the remark literally or figuratively, IMO....YMMV...

Sorry, fair point.  here is the one for Hank: https://www.cnet.com/news/congressmans-island-capsizing-query-goes-viral/.  When it came to Fauci, I figured it was all fresh enough, but my bad.

You charge me with making excuses for Gohmert, and I give you an equally absurd comment by Johnson, that his staff defended as metaphorical.  You were quick to jump on Gohmert, and I tried to take you off the high horse for a bit.  Spur made a valid comment, and you had some political fun with it.  So did I.  Ultimately, we both agreed with him (Spur, that is :)).

The rest, to which we could both add numerous topics, just goes to show that "science" can make the words of smart people truly idiotic, especially when abused for political reasons. How often have we heard that extremely unscientific phrase "the science is settled"?  How often is it parroted?  And when it comes to politicians, there are those on both sides of the aisle who can't seem to stop spewing idiocy, despite their college degrees

• Cheers 1

Seen some comments here about the 2nd shot.  Do people normally get their second from a different brand than their first?  I'm up for my second soon, and just figured it would be from the same manufacturer.  Is there reasoning behind having it come from a different one?

26 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Seen some comments here about the 2nd shot.  Do people normally get their second from a different brand than their first?  I'm up for my second soon, and just figured it would be from the same manufacturer.  Is there reasoning behind having it come from a different one?

Should be the same dose for both Unless you got an AstraZeneca then you have the option of getting another dose of that or 1 of Pfizer/Moderna depending what is available when you go in for dose 2

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Limited supply of Moderna up here.

I also here people that for the AZ shot are being advised that their 2nd dose will be either Pfizer or Moderna now

Pfizer, Moderna vaccines now preferred second dose for AstraZeneca recipients: NACI - Canada News - Castanet.net 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Limited supply of Moderna up here.

I also here people that for the AZ shot are being advised that their 2nd dose will be either Pfizer or Moderna now

Pfizer, Moderna vaccines now preferred second dose for AstraZeneca recipients: NACI - Canada News - Castanet.net 

Now its sort of the reverse, we will have way more Moderna on hand and less Pfizer in early July.  With the 9.5 million Moderna we are getting this month, that's enough to give all the people that got a Moderna first dose, all the AZ people who want an mRNA for their second dose, and use it for all new first doses, and still have lots left.  With the reduced Pfizer in early July, I wonder if they will want to do some Pfizer first dose with Moderna second to speed second doses up as fast as possible.  Otherwise we will have a bunch of unused Moderna, waiting for more adults to get their first dose and that has slowed down already.  

Its going to be interesting to see how fast they can get all this Moderna into arms with this huge amount coming in.  Canada did 505,000 today.  We could go way higher.  

Took me till this moring to feel better, after that Moderna shot. Mixing caused more minor/discomforting symptoms than just getting the same thing done twice.

I'm happy that it is over, for now anyway, and do like the idea of the mix.

1 old tech style shot and 1 new tech shot.

Noticed today that I keep forgeting my mask at one particular store, get inside and think "Ohh not again".  Dig a mask out of my pocket and put it on.

Store must feel too much like home.

3 hours ago, Kragar said:

I had Moderns as the first shot and Pfizer as the second

No side effects whatsoever 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Silent Man said:

I had Moderns as the first shot and Pfizer as the second

No side effects whatsoever 

Nice.  Had Pfizer for my first.  Fingers crossed I'm as lucky as you were.

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

this seems lame.

Broadway show off limits to those who got AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine

https://globalnews.ca/news/7960620/covid-springsteen-on-broadway-vaccines-astrazeneca-passport/

it seems uninformed. I got my first shot as AZ and the second one likely Pfizer, so does that mean I get to sit in the balcony? 

I wonder what would possibly be driving this decision? seems like a knee jerk thing. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it seems uninformed. I got my first shot as AZ and the second one likely Pfizer, so does that mean I get to sit in the balcony? 

I wonder what would possibly be driving this decision? seems like a knee jerk thing. 

heh, a cheap ass like me ALWAYS sit in the balcony.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

49 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

this seems lame.

Broadway show off limits to those who got AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine

https://globalnews.ca/news/7960620/covid-springsteen-on-broadway-vaccines-astrazeneca-passport/

From what I've gathered, they were only allowing people vaccinated with FDA approved vaccines (that means vaccines with emergency use authorization).  AstraZeneca, surprisingly, hasn't been FDA approved in the US.  I think that they haven't received FDA approval because of issues with their data for US approval.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/astrazeneca-weighs-seeking-full-u-s-approval-for-covid-shot-skipping-emergency-use-application-11620423584

AstraZeneca Weighs Seeking Full U.S. Approval for Covid Shot, Skipping Emergency-Use Application

British drugmaker faces challenges gathering data; may wait to apply for full approval by the FDA, which takes longer

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder what would possibly be driving this decision?

Wonder if it is legal to exclude people, even though they have been folowing the government and medical services advice?

Maybe Bruce is taking the honourific  "The Boss" a bit too seriously.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

They'll probably only let half of you in - you get to decide which half.  :lol:

On a more serious note, it seems like the holdup would be FDA approval, and since AZ is already trying to get FDA approval for use south of the 49th, I'm sure they'll eventually get it, and then the issue of exclusion of AZ-vaccinated persons won't exist any more.

Yes.  This would mean that people vaccinated with the Russian and Chinese vaccines probably wouldn't be allowed in either.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Your post about FDA beat me by seconds... Seconds, I tells ya!  ;)

What do you think is the likelihood that the WHO-approved, non-western vaccines will apply for FDA approval?  :P

Probably not as it costs time and money to do that and they don't have any contracts to distribute their vaccines in the US.  They'd also be up against established competition.

I think that this policy that they (New York) were using needs to allow for some process for these other vaccines to be allowed.  New York relies on tourism and the chances are very high that there will be tourists from regions where they could only get one of those vaccines.  Seems like they would be shooting themselves in the foot while trying to revive their tourism industry.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Vintage 1