The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 hours ago, brilac said:

At least it was dessert and pizza.  I had side affects from the second shot.  I was told within 24-36 hours, but I started feeling it that night and slept all day yesterday. But I feel good today. 

My arm is a bit more sore than it was from the 1st shot. A bit tired too. It affects some people differently. My wife lay down for a nap yesterday afternoon, then came out of the bedroom and asked, "why are you up so early?" It was 5:10 PM. Mind you anyone could have been excused for saying that, it was dark and cloudy all day here in Lotusland.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, Mackcanuck said:

First day

spacer.png

I was reading today about this photo being widely mocked on social media for being "awkward"...even late night TV was poking fun at it....

TBH, I just don't see it. Looks like a standard group photo of world leaders to me. Maybe Twitter and Colbert et al, are scrambling for something to criticize now that Bone Spurs is off the world stage? :unsure:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

UK delaying reopening because of the variant. Noting has really changed if the vaccine doesn't protect against that.

I thought our vaccines (mRNA ones) protected against series disease, even with the variants? 

Alberta to have lottery.  3, 1 million dollar prizes.  Kids 12-17 not eligible.  Its about 2.5 million people eligible for the draws, so not bad for a lottery. 

I wonder how much it would increase vaccination rates, if instead of 3 prizes, they made 100.  

Just now, BCNeil said:

Alberta to have lottery.  3, 1 million dollar prizes.  Kids 12-17 not eligible.  Its about 2.5 million people eligible for the draws, so not bad for a lottery. 

I wonder how much it would increase vaccination rates, if instead of 3 prizes, they made 100.  

Or, how about if you're too stupid to get a vaccination, but a lottery with far less chance of you winning than you getting covid motivates you, maybe lets let them get covid? 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Or, how about if you're too stupid to get a vaccination, but a lottery with far less chance of you winning than you getting covid motivates you, maybe lets let them get covid? 

Even the little man with the big hat can't persuade his sheep to get vaccinated.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

UK delaying reopening because of the variant. Noting has really changed if the vaccine doesn't protect against that.

Pfizer 94% effective preventing hospitalization after one dose against Delta.  96% after both doses.

Astra 71% effective preventing hospitalization after one dose against Delta.  92% after both doses.  

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

A major reason for the UKs spike in cases is because they have just begun their under 30 crowd for first doses.  A big chunk of their daily infection are the younger group.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

so i was suppose to get my second vaccine yesterday, but since the last few weeks i have been awfully ill not being able to breathe and on a oxygen machine full time. i had to cancel. i am stuck in the the house. i think the doctor is going to put me in hospital again as they cannot get it under control. will i be able to rebook another time for my shot?

• Huggy Bear 3

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its bizarre but apparently works.  Kenney mentioned that in Ohio, weekly vaccination rates were slowing down and were down 25%, from the previous week when their lottery was announced. After that it went up 38%.  Lot of people. 

Hopefully their first winner is some old lady who got the vaccine back in March.  Not some 20 year old doing it now.  

Edited by BCNeil
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, bree2 said:

so i was suppose to get my second vaccine yesterday, but since the last few weeks i have been awfully ill not being able to breathe and on a oxygen machine full time. i had to cancel. i am stuck in the the house. i think the doctor is going to put me in hospital again as they cannot get it under control. will i be able to rebook another time for my shot?

Get well, is the first thing. You shouldn't have any issues with re-booking.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

47 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Its bizarre but apparently works.  Kenney mentioned that in Ohio, weekly vaccination rates were slowing down and were down 25%, from the previous week when their lottery was announced. After that it went up 38%.  Lot of people. 

Hopefully their first winner is some old lady who got the vaccine back in March.  Not some 20 year old doing it now.  

The same moron that has wasted 1.3 billion in a failed pipeline? that Jason Kenney... 

I would take what he has to say with a grain of salt. 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

E33Bf_aVoAcnoMW?format=jpg&name=large

September 7 book it :emot-parrot:No more masks!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

I don't really wish covid on them, just hate to reward dummies. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

So apparently Eric Clapton and Van Morrison are part of the anti vax crowd. I, at one time was hoping to see EC live, not anymore.

helps when you have a castle to live in. Probably with moat. 

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Pfizer 94% effective preventing hospitalization after one dose against Delta.  96% after both doses.

Astra 71% effective preventing hospitalization after one dose against Delta.  92% after both doses.  

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

A major reason for the UKs spike in cases is because they have just begun their under 30 crowd for first doses.  A big chunk of their daily infection are the younger group.

Yep pretty much this - under 30s got the ability to book in for a jab last week, and the under 35s about 10 days before that. Some areas have been pretty solidly booked up. 

there is also and upswing in delta in those which have had a single jab as wel but the over 65s which are fully vaccinated there is very little impact on, which is a good sign. 

One of the ironies of the way we have vaccinated is that the older generation who are now fully vaccinated are going to hospitality places where the younger generation serving them may not have had a single jab. Vaccines reduce transmission but they are not a sterilising  immunity. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

So apparently Eric Clapton and Van Morrison are part of the anti vax crowd. I, at one time was hoping to see EC live, not anymore.

It doesn't surprise me. Older, wealthy, I've seen YouTube clips of Roger Daltrey and he sounds like a total bastard. When Bobby Orr was saying he was pro Trump that just made me lose so much respect for the guy. 

• Cheers 1