The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

16 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

From the sound of things, he also understood the consequences he'd likely face and that didn't matter to him. 

Thing is, there was hardly time to do it any other way....likely the Canucks org wanted to disassociate from him before the event so he wouldn't use his affiliation to connect them in any way.   During that interview, he got louder and a bit more belligerent as it went on...I sense arrogance there.  It wouldn't surprise me if I learned he'd brought it to the team and when they were opposed to it, he didn't give a hoot.  Just a guess, but I can see it playing out that way.  

And in knowing that  Canucks COO Trent Carroll made a statement yesterday to clarify that he, by no means, represented the team I'd guess there was a conversation.  Or at least he was aware they weren't supportive....bottom line is, he likely knew it went against what the organization is about.  He owns it and I don't care if that "you're done" message was dropped on his head via drone.

image.png

Most Canuck fans will realize that Mark Donnelly hasn't sang the anthem for some time. When he did I loved how he reached out to the fans and had them join in a grand salute to Canada. I highly doubt he thought he was dissing the Canuck org by his action. Considering his relationship with the Canucks thru the '11 Cup run it would have been classier to have made a phone call to him followed by a statement summarizing the thinking. Tweeting was not very classy. The so called "job" he lost was probably a inconsequential stipend, which knowing the man, he likely donated to a good cause.   

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Lets be honest. They want the churches open so the donations continue to flow. Its a business just like restaurants and retail stores.

"My temple should be a house of prayer. But you've made it a den of thieves." 

JC knew about corruption two millennia ago.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Lets be honest. They want the churches open so the donations continue to flow. Its a business just like restaurants and retail stores.

Oh I know why the churches wish to remain open. Their flock of attendees however have zero requirement to actually attend a church.

It may even save them money! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Most Canuck fans will realize that Mark Donnelly hasn't sang the anthem for some time. When he did I loved how he reached out to the fans and had them join in a grand salute to Canada. I highly doubt he thought he was dissing the Canuck org by his action. Considering his relationship with the Canucks thru the '11 Cup run it would have been classier to have made a phone call to him followed by a statement summarizing the thinking. Tweeting was not very classy. The so called "job" he lost was probably a inconsequential stipend, which knowing the man, he likely donated to a good cause.   

I've given my thoughts on this earlier.

There likely was a sense of urgency and this statement was made prior to the event, so he knew they weren't supportive of the move.  Yet, he was going to proceed anyhow.  With that, they had every right to get this done and the message out there:  "he does NOT represent us" with a sense of urgency to disconnect from him BEFORE the event.  I'm sure the statement was enough to understand they did not want to be associated with this group/event.  It goes against everything they are about and also puts their fans, community and, in a roundabout way, players/assets at risk.  Because the more people out there spreading this and in defiance of the things that can possibly help protect us, the more that risk increases.  If he's rallying against complying...that's his baggage not theirs.

Considering his relationship with the Canucks is right....he didn't seem to.   So it's about choices that we make and he was quite staunch (cocky?) about the fact that he was willing to accept the consequences knowing there could be some.

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Haha 1

How do you keep restaurants and bars open to the public where people need to take their mask off to eat or drink in a closed space, but going to church with your mask on and not taking it off is somehow worse.... The logic makes no sense lol. 

:lol: At the one guy who seems to always be confused but never quotes me, I guess some people here never change :lol:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

How do you keep restaurants and bars open to the public where people need to take their mask off to eat or drink in a closed space, but going to church with your mask on and not taking it off is somehow worse.... The logic makes no sense lol. 

Show me a church that the pews are in 4 person booths? If it's a church that has social distancing, cleans between meetings. Maybe ask the health authorities? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

A pastor I know as telling me about all the Covid protocols he had to put in place for his church. To no avail as they are closed for services. Street demos with and without masks go on, it seems daily, and yet there is no enforcement. What the pastor told me was the huge need for emotional support for so many in his congregation as they struggle to get by. He is now doing much of that by phone but finds it a poor alternative.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nah, He's a frickin moron.

'O Canada' singer addresses firing by Vancouver Canucks at anti-mask rally

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/o-canada-singer-addresses-firing-by-vancouver-canucks-at-anti-mask-rally-1.5830309

"What was originally sold as a 15-day hunkering-down sprint for the common good has turned into a 10-month marathon from hell, where the finish line is constantly being moved further into the distance," he said.

- um, could that be because idiots refuse to follow guidelines about this deadly virus?

"Sports figures, entertainers, politicians, et cetera, can stand for anything as long as it supports the narrative. You can support rioting, looting, destruction of livelihoods and reputation, but take a position against the narrative and you are worthy of exile or worse." 

- It's AQ's company Mark. He has the same rights as you, to have his own beliefs and not have his or his companies reputations diminished by the employees or contractors. Why are you bringing up rioting and looting at an anti- mask rally? 

Yep, let it be recorded into the history books. Mark Donnelly is a grade A moron. 

Aren't we all? 

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

This the exact reason we're in this mess right now. People be dumb.

ffs the blatant idiocy is appalling. It's slightly amusing when he's calling Benning dumb but when he's literally putting peoples lives at risk it's downright indecency. Disgusting behaviour.

You must be getting me mixed up with another poster. I am 100% a Benning supporter.

I am not putting anyone's lives at risk. I go to work and I go home, I do online grocery shopping and I wear a mask when I have to. 

I work construction so I am already naturally socially distanced and I work outside.

You are jumping to conclusions about me, I simply made my post to show how inflated the numbers can be and why as an example.

But the ridiculous outrage is causing me to troll you liberal sheep just a tad.

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

A pastor I know as telling me about all the Covid protocols he had to put in place for his church. To no avail as they are closed for services. Street demos with and without masks go on, it seems daily, and yet there is no enforcement. What the pastor told me was the huge need for emotional support for so many in his congregation as they struggle to get by. He is now doing much of that by phone but finds it a poor alternative.  

Maybe it's time for adults to stop believing in fairy tales? Maybe it's time for people to believe in themselves instead of an invisible deity? 

Refraining from group activities can help us all heal from this

Just now, Boudrias said:

Aren't we all? 

No. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I personally don't go to church, I have other beliefs, but I do realize others use this as a place to help them through tough times, and the times we're going through is already tough enough where some of these people need a place like this to help them through these times. But I guess the government would prefer them to go get drunk to deal with these times and help spread covid instead so businesses stay a float....

• Cheers 1