The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Like my teacher in high school? If you're late he makes you write out the first page of War and Peace?

I was thinking more about the self-directed learning part.... fits KOS doesn't it? :P

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

2021 should see new mandates with current info gathered, there could also be scientific reasoning we're not yet privy to that could be factored in as well. 

Ultimately if one is that concerned about masks in schools you could be proactive and have your child wear one or have them homeschooled. 

Both far more effective than copy/paste posts on CDC respectfully. 

Well we had mandatory masks in schools in Alberta since Sept and kids are all home now so it's not a magic bullet. Certainly helps. 

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like your passion for the topic King, just think you're a bit of a dog on a misplaced bone with Dr. Henry.

I always thought of passion as a positive attribute.  

This thread has become an interesting sample of all the different positions.  

We have Alt Right Anti Covid, Anti Mask

We have "I hate the government because they aren't doing anything right"

We have people who have a genuine concern for their and their loved ones health and would like to see more clarity in PHO orders, and take the time to articulate their positions.  

We have moderates of all stripes who have varying levels of trust in what is happening, the actions being taken, the PHO and the government.  

Many of us have moved from/to various positions since January when we all started on this journey.  The science has evolved, communication has evolved, COVID fatigue has set in, health care is more and more overwhelmed, PPE at the health care level is an ongoing concern and we are well and truly into the second wave that we were expecting.  Vaccines are on the horizon, we just need to stand together a bit longer.  Let's try not to chew each other up in the interim, some day we will be on the other side of this and all we will have to talk about is all things hockey.  I can't wait!  

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

Well we had mandatory masks in schools in Alberta since Sept and kids are all home now so it's not a magic bullet. Certainly helps. 

masks at schools aren't going to help if people are gathering in homes etc.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

2021 should see new mandates with current info gathered, there could also be scientific reasoning we're not yet privy to that could be factored in as well. 

Ultimately if one is that concerned about masks in schools you could be proactive and have your child wear one or have them homeschooled. 

Both far more effective than copy/paste posts on CDC respectfully. 

Ultimately, this is the problem.  There are more than just children in a school...

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Everyone, take a trip to the BC election thread.  Pages 11-49 should do it

Everyone take a trip to the phoney gas receipt thread.  Pages 39-49 should do it... Too funny . I give you credit... you didn't quit the forum when everyone  called you  out on it.,  I miss Stromer...... he spoke his mind and didn't hold back. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess for me it's important to remember that Google isn't a replacement for a medical degree. We need to listen to the experts, even if it doesn't make immediate 'common sense' to us because often things don't until you have the full picture.

As much has KOS likes to suggest different, Bonnie Henry isn't an idiot that hates kids and science. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  There are reasons why every decision is made, it's not like DBH and Dix are sitting in a board room somewhere tossing darts at a board.  I'm sure there is a lot of discussion and agonizing over some of the decisions, the orders, the non orders, there is input from several levels of management at the PHO office.  DBH doesn't make decisions in isolation.  She and her team consult with colleagues across the globe regarding what has worked, what hasn't, impacts, the latest study outcomes, the changing science.  Is there political pressure?  Maybe, but I'd bet far less than what the PHO in AB  has had to deal with.  I like that Horgan has taken a back seat and let the communication come from PHO.  I'm sure he is involved in discussions but he is showing as a leader who has confidence in his team.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, skategal said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  There are reasons why every decision is made, it's not like DBH and Dix are sitting in a board room somewhere tossing darts at a board.  I'm sure there is a lot of discussion and agonizing over some of the decisions, the orders, the non orders, there is input from several levels of management at the PHO office.  DBH doesn't make decisions in isolation.  She and her team consult with colleagues across the globe regarding what has worked, what hasn't, impacts, the latest study outcomes, the changing science.  Is there political pressure?  Maybe, but I'd bet far less than what the PHO in AB  has had to deal with.  I like that Horgan has taken a back seat and let the communication come from PHO.  I'm sure he is involved in discussions but he is showing as a leader who has confidence in his team.  

of course there's political pressure, I mean just look at Alberta and the nonsense coming out of Kenney that his base makes him say. I do wish Horgan was more present but that's nitpicking on my part, I just prefer how Doug Ford has handled the public face of it but I also don't have any serious complaints about Horgan either (even though I didn't vote for him).

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Kinda missing the dude *sniffle*

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Me too.

Unlike the majority, I actually liked Wetcoaster. I know some people saw him as arrogant and sometimes condescending, but IMO, he just didn't suffer fools gladly.....not really a vice as far as I'm concerned.

Me 3.    I know he had his huge walls of text....I do that too.  I appreciate the fact that he was so willing to share his knowledge...he even emailed me to help me with some information once if I recall correctly.

Hope he's alive and doing well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

As much has KOS likes to suggest different, Bonnie Henry isn't an idiot that hates kids and science. 

No she is just a doctor  that refusesd to acknowledge that covid was  aerosolied and  refused to state  masks were effective to limit the spread of covid.

Only when political pressure mounted..... did Dr. B  start to come around and public support current science. 

You can choose to  forget history.....  of course thats your choice. 

Poliitics  / economy should never over-rule the health of BC citizens..

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 3