The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No...I supplied my source, now it's your turn.  :)

And you used the word "blocked"....which is escalating your stance and not reflective of what the truth is.  So where is the reference to her "blocking" masks?

I thought i made it clear that was not a good choice of words...

I should have said Dr. B for 9 months has not supported mandatory masks...  and she makes the policy that the BC government follows....

So technically not blocked... but it is her policey and she for 9 months did NOT make masks Mandatory..

I think you are reaching....  and no i did not see you post a link showig a study that shows Masks are not effective against covid... sorry but i did not see your link.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I should have said Dr. B for 9 months has not supported mandatory masks...  and she makes the policy that the BC government follows....

So technically not blocked... but it is her policey and she for 9 months did NOT make masks Mandatory..

I think you are reaching....  and no i did not see you post a link showig a study that shows Masks are not effective against covid... sorry but i did not see your link.

Quit while you're ahead.  It's really getting to be overkill at this point and you're talking in circles now.

I never said masks are not effective against COVID so why should I post a link?   And if she did, that's up to you to provide the source of that.

You're manipulating my words as well as hers.  That doesn't make them true, it just makes them your words.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

For me it was creating legislation on the fly that was disturbing.. 

When you say something and then do the opposite. She was strongly opposed in the beginning and then changed her tune on the fly. 

Creating fines to already cash stripped Canadians is just the icing on the cake for me. Seems like a cash grab to me. 

Also there needs to be more peer reviewed research to suggest social distancing and mask wearing actually does something. 

12 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

When you say something and then do the opposite. She was strongly opposed in the beginning and then changed her tune on the fly. 

Creating fines to already cash stripped Canadian IDIOTS is just the icing on the cake for me. Seems like a cash grab to me. 

Also there needs to be more peer reviewed research to suggest social distancing and mask wearing actually does something. 

Fify

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That number does appear to not be climbing as much which does suggest that the restrictions have worked or are working to flatten it.

The next 3-4 weeks is critical really.

But modelling towards people being as inherently selfish as they've always been still suggests we'll see a large spike in the 1st and 2nd weeks of January

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

Creating fines to already cash stripped Canadians is just the icing on the cake for me. Seems like a cash grab to me. 

This pandemic is an on the fly deal though.  It's not like you can prepare for it and yes, things did change over time as more was learned.  It's nothing sinister...it's  just the complications of a "novel coronavirus" that was unknown and required time to learn about.  There are so many complex intricacies about this virus and the way it presents, as well as the differences in how it plays out.  They're still learning on the fly.

As well, how people reacted determined some of the actions.   

They tried the gentle approach and to "reason" with people.  Sadly, some refuse to do what's needed and so that's when fines and other measures were put into place.  A cash grab but if you're complying and not putting others at risk, they can't grab your cash.  So it's about choices and personal responsibility.   Don't want to pay a fine?   Follow the order until we're out of the woods.

The proof's out there and there really wasn't time to study and review something that's spreading like wildfire and killing people in its wake. 

It's like the Fire Department getting a call about a five alarm fire...they grab their equipment and go.  They don't stop to analyze if maybe they can get better hoses during the emergency.  They head to the front line and battle things and when the fire's out, then they'll likely review what worked/didn't.  Try everything.

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This pandemic is an on the fly deal though.  It's not like you can prepare for it and yes, things did change over time as more was learned.  It's nothing sinister...it's  just the complications of a "novel coronavirus" that was unknown and required time to learn about.  There are so many complex intricacies about this virus and the way it presents, as well as the differences in how it plays out.  They're still learning on the fly.

I wish i could believe BC politicians  like others here do..... ........  but i can't.....

"targeted testing in high-risk schools has found high levels of the virus. While many children may be asymptomatic, they are spreading the virus to others in the community who are getting sick, sometimes critically" ~ Ontario Medical Association

https://www.oma.org/section/news-&-events/ontarios-doctors-call-for-wider-lockdown-to-stop-spread-of-covid-over-holidays?type=news_items

Edited by kingofsurrey

56 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You are from K-town... why am i not surprised...  Do you work at a ski hill

Wow KOS judgemental? I live in K-town. 99% of the population here do not work at ski hills and we only have the one local ski hill, Big White. They have been practicing very good measures regarding COVID with limited numbers, distancing and masking. Plus the lodge and restaurant not open, bring your lunch or go hungry. 

I don't really know where you are going with that?

As a city of aprox 150,000 we have a much smaller amount of cases compared to the FV Regional Health District. Please explain that comment if you will?

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Wow KOS judgemental? I live in K-town. 99% of the population here do not work at ski hills and we only have the one local ski hill, Big White. They have been practicing very good measures regarding COVID with limited numbers, distancing and masking. Plus the lodge and restaurant not open, bring your lunch or go hungry. 

I don't really know where you are going with that?

As a city of aprox 150,000 we have a much smaller amount of cases compared to the FV Regional Health District. Please explain that comment if you will?

No problem with Kelowna..  looks like a great place to live...  The previous poster Canuckster....  though was pretty rude to me...

KELOWNA — Big White Ski Resort has fired “a number” of staff after a cluster of 60 cases of COVID-19 was discovered earlier this week.

Big White ski resort in Kelowna fires staff after spread of COVID-19

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/big-white-ski-resort-in-kelowna-fires-staff-after-spread-of-covid-19

Edited by kingofsurrey