The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Everything I don't like is a leftist and communism.

A step by step guide to an online comments section for right wingers and the ignorant

What right wingers know, is that they are loosing ground, and therefore control.........and as the numbers become more and more uneven, the harder and harder they will fight and try to manipulate the narrative............and the numbers

In the states this is no more pronounced as in the Republican states, where voters rights are being manipulated. Warhippy, I am afraid. I am afraid at some point, the push becomes a shove down in the states, and spills over into Canada.

What we are seeing here in Ottawa is the start of the spill over, in that people are dividing, and grouping. I wondered earlier in this thread if there is actually enough people on the right to actually change an election result in a riding, by simply voting on mass, and having a higher participation count, than the more apathetic left and moderates, that are not yet alarmed to the point of counter acting the right vote.

It worries me, especially east of the Rockies

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Mossberg said:

So someone who doesn't want a brand new vaccine is the same as a serial killer,rapist or pedophile?  What is wrong with you?

Explain why you believe the Covid vaccines are “brand new”?  What about these vaccines is so worrisome to you.  Be specific.  No antivaxxers craperolla either.  Explain your views logically, and with science.  No anecdotes either.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I worked in the roads department for a city in the lower mainland here, let me tell ya a story. A year or two ago now we were working on a major road (MRN for the muni workers out there) and had a contracted flagging crew working with us. This one flagger was a single guy in his mid-late 20's, He's standing there, doing his thing controlling traffic, when a big semi came driving by at probably about 60/70 km/h. As it turns out, the rig had a bent rim or bent axle, something like that- I can't remember. The truck hit a low spot (sort of an undulation) in the road, and I guess this was the straw that broke the camel's back. The impact of hitting that low spot launched one of the truck's lug nuts off at a pretty dam high speed. Hit this poor flagger right in the groin. He dropped like a sack of hammers and actually got back up in a minute. He said he was good, we asked him if he'd checked for damages. I think he'd gone into shock so quickly he hadn't noticed anything, but when he checked his nether regions he found that the lug nut had hit him so hard it actually ruptured a testicle and mostly (maybe entirely? I didn't want to check it for myself) severed his penis. Single guy under 30 years old now a eunuch for the rest of his days.

I never found out what came of it but I hope he is/was able to sue that trucking company into oblivion. 

BC should put out EVERY single commercial vehicle inspector out their (backed up with full police presence) to check out any "protesting truck" in downtown Vancouver (eg., "safety inspections").  I'd guess a number of them would get towed.  I'm not obviously referring to the 85+% of truckers that obey the law & are vaccinated.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Yes!

Hopefully when the amount of cases does not overwhelm medical services. People want ''freedom.'' It also means so they don't have to wear a mask, my friend Lambros?  He is fit 32. Also has asthma, plus auto immune disease. He cannot ride a bus, or go to the pub because others won't wear a mask. Must stay home. My mum is 83.  My dad died in September waiting for elective surgery.

Its not time yet. The US, as an example, has had life expectancy decrease a full 2 years during the pandemic. Almost 100 years of medicine wiped out by people not getting vaccinations, or wearing masks.

Incredibly selfish!

The elderly in my circle all want to live their lives after 2 years of restrictions. All got omicron regardless. 

There is nothing at all selfish about addressing their needs. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Explain why you believe the Covid vaccines are “brand new”?  What about these vaccines is so worrisome to you.  Be specific.  No antivaxxers craperolla either.  Explain your views logically, and with science.  No anecdotes either.  

The treatments in the hospital once they get covid are also brand new.  Denying the antivaxxers those simply makes sense given the poor reasoning behind their objection.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The treatments in the hospital once they get covid are also brand new.  Denying the antivaxxers those simply makes sense given the poor reasoning behind their objection.

Yup, watch these selfish cowards instantly change their stance once they're sick in the hospital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

What right wingers know, is that they are loosing ground, and therefore control.........and as the numbers become more and more uneven, the harder and harder they will fight and try to manipulate the narrative............and the numbers

In the states this is no more pronounced as in the Republican states, where voters rights are being manipulated. Warhippy, I am afraid. I am afraid at some point, the push becomes a shove down in the states, and spills over into Canada.

What we are seeing here in Ottawa is the start of the spill over, in that people are dividing, and grouping. I wondered earlier in this thread if there is actually enough people on the right to actually change an election result in a riding, by simply voting on mass, and having a higher participation count, than the more apathetic left and moderates, that are not yet alarmed to the point of counter acting the right vote.

It worries me, especially east of the Rockies

You're pretty bang on for that assessment.

EVery election since Harper's Majority we see fewer and fewer votes to the current right at our federal level.  This is much the same in the US except they are intentionally rigging districts via gerrymandering and redistricting to secure the votes to stay in power

They can not vote, so they will demand their people in to power and force it and then call that "freedom"

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

The elderly in my circle all want to live their lives after 2 years of restrictions. All got omicron regardless. 

Again, I don't know anyone who doesnt want that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Our country is a lot more than “your circle”.  

• Vintage 3

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our country is a lot more than “your circle”.  

And as cited the majority of the country wants restrictions removed.  That amount of people is increasing by the day.

I don't think the public can be convinced to maintain them for much longer, do you?  I mean maybe a few weeks, tops?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

And as cited the majority of the country wants restrictions removed.  That amount of people is increasing by the day.

I don't think the public can be convinced to maintain them for much longer, do you?  I mean maybe a few weeks, tops?

You’re straw man is obvious.  

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're pretty bang on for that assessment.

EVery election since Harper's Majority we see fewer and fewer votes to the current right at our federal level.  This is much the same in the US except they are intentionally rigging districts via gerrymandering and redistricting to secure the votes to stay in power

They can not vote, so they will demand their people in to power and force it and then call that "freedom"

I just wiki'd election results from 2015's landslide Lib win.

2015 Trudeau 6.9m Harper 5.6m

2019 Trudeau 6.0m Scheer 6.2m

2021 Trudeau 5.5m EOT 5.7m

So... Huh? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I just wiki'd election results from 2015's landslide Lib win.

2015 Trudeau 6.9m Harper 5.6m

2019 Trudeau 6.0m Scheer 6.2m

2021 Trudeau 5.5m EOT 5.7m

So... Huh? 

It's not a 2 party system. For a true representation of left leaning vs right leaning you'd need to add the Liberal vote + the NDP vote + the Green vote. Against the Conservative party vote + the PPC vote.

I intentionally ignored the BLOC because who the Hell knows what they stand for.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's not a 2 party system. For a true representation of left leaning vs right leaning you'd need to add the Liberal vote + the NDP vote + the Green vote. Against the Conservative party vote + the PPC vote.

I intentionally ignored the BLOC because who the Hell knows what they stand for.

True, true, but then again there are those people who would consider the Liberals to also be a right leaning vote.