The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On 3/25/2020 at 1:30 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Absolutely not worth the risk.   Once again the BC government failing to take precauations with BC citizens.

WE need our government to step up and do the right thing. 

Our youth's education will be fine. All students will be moved to the next grade. ......Families can use this time at home to play board games,,, bake,..... read books and talk....

Seniors getting this virus will not be fine.  Lost my MIL 3 days ago to pneumonia....   thought it was Covid but it ended not being that.

In my district, have been asked to work from home on Monday and Tuesday.  After that, it sounds like a schedule will be brought up so teachers can come and access materials etc.  So it sounds like contact will be at a minimum.

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

In my district, have been asked to work from home on Monday and Tuesday.  After that, it sounds like a schedule will be brought up so teachers can come and access materials etc.  So it sounds like contact will be at a minimum.

Thats great news  Great to hear common sense is prevailing...

Heard a rumor from a friend in Burnaby..

Married couple sleep together each night..  yesterday mid day they go for a walk and are holding hands.

Police stop them and fine them 400.00 dollars.

Does this make any kind of sense... ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Married couple sleep together each night..  yesterday mid day they go for a walk and are holding hands.

Seems like a sketchy rumour 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Bullsh&%

Never happened.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, if those two are supporting it... but who knows.

Someone tell the old people the correct aquarium product to ingest. 

My bad.. I should have used the proper name hydroxychloroquine. Might as well be bleach.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I Imagine right now that it is the already in place human-animals doing these things.

I ran some Liq stores in van for a while. We were hit by thieves daily. These same people are now probably taking the opportunity of  weakened targets.

When we see regular Joes descending to this, we got problems.

In Illinois, the amount of people who filed for unemployment in the entire first 4 months of last year, was just surpassed in just one day alone.  If that many people are out of work for a prolonged period, regular Joes will rapidly become desperate Joes.  And like you said, we got problems at that point.  I'll be taking note from these stores and start boarding up my house.

UK PM Boris Johnson tests positive for the coronavirus

Fri 27 Mar 2020 11:15:38 GMT

Boris Johnson confirms that he has tested positive for the coronavirus

According to a tweet by UK prime minister himself:

"Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus. I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government's response via video-conference as we fight this virus. Together we will beat this. #StayHomeSaveLives"

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Meanwhile police is enforcing lockdown in india.

I have lived in India. Such indignities are reserved just for the poor who cannot afford their bribes. Also read that a guy got killed by cops while out to get some milk. There are some countries where you have more to fear from cops than criminals, India is one of those. 

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 1

So, the $2000 a month the government promised to ALL people out of work is not true judging by the graph someone posted eh? Only qualify for $2000/month if you have Covid, taking care of family with Covid or have snot dragons running around the house because school is closed?

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

:picard: what was she thinking? Serves her right getting charged.

Good during a time like this to pull $&!# like that where your not only lieing but making the place panic that they may have potentially infected others, etc. and causing chaos, they should be charged and sued as hard as much as possible.

• Upvote 1