The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, nucksnavsfan said:

Don’t have one anywhere near me. 
what location? Maybe worth a road trip ::D

I go to the one by Brentwood Mall.  They have a strict lineup there, only so many people allowed in the store at one time.  And everyone is nice and friendly. 

Petey loves shopping there...  :)

26 minutes ago, samurai said:

This is how they roll.  Systemic lying and scamming are the norm  in mainland communist China.  Article on faulty masks and tests from China.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52092395

These kind of articles really worry me because while it's one thing to report a story, it is a completely other when innocent Chinese decent people are taking the brunt of the anger. Sure there are bad people who take advantage of situations but that is in the case of any race. Think of the story where a man in NY bought up all the hand sanitizers so he could sell it at a premium. Does that make all people of his race as bad as he is? There are Chinese Americans who are being attacked on the streets and sprayed with Febreeze on the subway. I talk to my family regularly and there has been a lot of anger directed to the Chinese Canadian community and they don't have anything to do with it. They are as scared and angry as anyone else. I sincerely hope that when people read these stories, they can direct thier anger to the people who did these bad things and not towards the race of people this person happens to belong to.

Edited by smokes
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I guess Trudeau listened to the "experts" for this as well?

LILLEY: MPs take a pay raise while raising your taxes during a crisis

Talk about being tone deaf.

MPs, who fled Ottawa over concerns about COVID-19 on March 13, will pocket a pay raise on April 1, the same day many Canadians will be wondering how to make rent or mortgage payments. It’s also the same day the carbon tax goes up.

How’s that for a double whammy?

MPs currently have a base salary of $178,900. That doesn’t include their housing allowance for their time in Ottawa or the per diems that they get to cover meals while on government business.

It doesn’t cover extra pay for sitting on a committee, chairing a committee or being a cabinet minister — that will net you an extra $85,500 yearly.

Well, add another roughly $2,800 to their annual salaries.

For the Prime Minister, who earns double what an MP makes, his annual salary of $357,800 is about to go up by almost $5,700.

Now in the grand scheme of things where the government was sending money out the door faster than they could print it even beyond the COVID-19 crisis, this raise doesn’t add up to much.

In light of the COVID-19 crisis, it makes no sense and has them all looking a little out of touch.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau seemed surprised that the annual raise would be an issue when I asked him about it on Monday.

“I haven’t heard the Parliament of Canada having those discussions, but I’m sure they will reflect on it. Now that you’ve asked the question,” Trudeau said.

Doubtful.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-mps-take-a-pay-raise-while-raising-your-taxes-during-a-crisis

But carry on thinking that Trudeau is a great Prime Minister.

:emot-parrot:

I’m very sorry there are no more white giraffes for you to kill.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I go to the one by Brentwood Mall.  They have a strict lineup there, only so many people allowed in the store at one time.  And everyone is nice and friendly. 

Petey loves shopping there...  :)

Ok thanks a lot 

is there a specific time you have seen TP on the shelves ? 
I may have to shop on ‘ Petey’s’ recommendations ::D

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Should be permanent.

Charging people to park at the hospital is disgusting.

Rushed my son to ER at 3 am once....didn't grab my purse, just keys, son and goooo!

Realized I was "locked in" the parking lot...no way to pay/get out.  An ambulance was leaving and the driver offered to let me out that gate or I would have been hooped.

So dumb.  

• Huggy Bear 3

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hard to ignore talking about him when talking about the response in the US. 

They shut down pretty much the same time as us. I'm not a Trump guy but he never said he was opening the country at easter, he said he hoped to, big difference.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't surprise me but still absolutely unacceptable.  Glad we live in a civilized country with a proper health care system.

Just now, Timbermen said:

They shut down pretty much the same time as us. I'm not a Trump guy but he never said he was opening the country at easter, he said he hoped to, big difference.

Complete lack of leadership when dealing with governors of each state.

Just ask Cuomo. When Trump mused about putting a quarantine around New York it sent people in a panic. People started packing up their things and leaving.

He’s shown he simply cannot put aside his own pettiness and do his job.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Complete lack of leadership when dealing with governors of each state.

Just ask Cuomo. When Trump mused about putting a quarantine around New York it sent people in a panic. People started packing up their things and leaving.

He’s shown he simply cannot put aside his own pettiness and do his job.

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Take it to the Canadian politics thread. 

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You clearly pointed out yesterday while you were trolling me that you do not LOL

Quite the opposite actually. ;)

For someone who is so obsessed with oil you would think you’d understand the basic factors that go into oil prices.

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Doesn't surprise me but still absolutely unacceptable.  Glad we live in a civilized country with a proper health care system.

Could you imagine that?

Having your child turned away while sick from a hospital knowing that it was effectively a potential death sentence?

32 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Then perhaps contacting your local MP would be in order.

Probably more effective than whining on a hockey message board.

He will....as soon as he gets over the dizzyness from shaking his head....

• Haha 2