The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My fear is that we do a good job of keeping things in check...then borders and travel open up a bit and it goes south.  Literally.

The efforts really do pay off but it's a more the merrier thing.  We can all buckle down for a month or so and really make a dent in this or have some floundering around, extending the timeline.

I wish we could just slap people with a stick who aren't obeying the guidelines.  

Not sure what the modelling is saying in BC atm but in AB, they are predicting it to peak a month from now. Based off that, the provincial government believes they are well suited to deal with those peak numbers they are predicting. As you said, you still need everyone doing their part regardless of where you live.

Edited by RonMexico
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Give them uncharted sufferings and they will

again flock to the Cross.

True.

This actually makes people cling to religion harder. No doubt there’s a vast group of Christian’s that believe this is a punishment for lack of faith.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I really don't have a problem with snitching; especially when we are at an important phase in managing this virus.  Be interesting if the Neighbourhood Watch in each community could be in on this.

You could move to Halton, Ontario.  

cheer for the leafs and rat out your fellow citizen.

please consider what you wish for people.

virus pandemic.  Rat out your neighbour from inside “your home”.

3 years later.  New pandemic. Go inside.  Rat out your neighbourhood again.

once again.  Finger pointing blame games instead of personal responsibility.

have fun world.

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Ironic that Hobby Lobby would come out with this video after refusing to close their stores and quietly reopening stores against shutdown orders because of a "message from God" to remain open.

8 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

https://globalnews.ca/video/6766400/man-busted-for-selling-masks-in-richmond?fbclid=IwAR3ZCc8P9wewKApuGwTtfnJqeyHNq1D5F1SmZb7etwROsBEB-LmMf24GS-Q

Scum of the earth...sure, "selling at cost to his friends" in a mall parking lot.  Has the gall to argue his case. Should be able to confiscate his car too in my view.  And Revenue Canada should follow up as well to see how much he's reported in earnings.

In a time of crisis when people prey on the vulnerable and interrupt supply chains that could be used by professionals at risk trying to help others, I have zero tolerance for these lowlifes. 

The masks should all be donated to hospitals.  Good work, bylaw officer!

54 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My fear is that we do a good job of keeping things in check...then borders and travel open up a bit and it goes south.  Literally.

The efforts really do pay off but it's a more the merrier thing.  We can all buckle down for a month or so and really make a dent in this or have some floundering around, extending the timeline.

I wish we could just slap people with a stick who aren't obeying the guidelines.  I also worry that the numbers aren't realistic and that people who aren't being tested have it (but aren't sure so may not be as committed to the process).

don't worry about that

we will not be the first in line to do that move

other countries are ahead of us and will likely try to get active again before we are ready

so we can learn from mistakes they make

we were not first to have to deal with the virus

and as a result were well prepared and thorough investigation and planning took place

i see the same with lifting the constraining recommendations

Edited by coastal.view

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

does weed cause cancer?

I don't eat cured meat or use sunscreen....cause...i know...

Weed however... got a link to it causing cancer?

evidence isn't fully  in apparently - the Canadian Cancer Society seems to be concerned: https://www.cancer.ca/en/prevention-and-screening/reduce-cancer-risk/make-healthy-choices/live-smoke-free/cannabis-and-cancer/?region=qc

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

does weed cause cancer?

I don't eat cured meat or use sunscreen....cause...i know...

Weed however... got a link to it causing cancer?

What doesn’t cause cancer...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1