The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

29 minutes ago, samurai said:

I think most of what you write including above is oversimplification and over-generalization.  For example in relation to your first paragraph, I have not come across any doctor/expert who has advocated a non reaction.  Even in the last video he suggested reactions as you call them - isolating elderly.   I have no idea what you mean by a counter-narrative nor for that matter a majority view. You have created a false dilemma  in order to argue from a  position of strength.  That is my big take away.  

You're being obtuse, and potentially on purpose at this point.

• Cheers 1

Oops.

KATC-TV reports that Crowley Police drove around the town last week and broadcast an alarm sound from the film franchise "The Purge" to signify the beginning of curfew.

Seriously though. There's a sample of the sound at the top. It would scare anyone. 

https://abc30.com/health/police-in-louisiana-town-uses-purge-siren-to-signal-curfew/6078614/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, samurai said:

I think most of what you write including above is oversimplification and over-generalization.  For example in relation to your first paragraph, I have not come across any doctor/expert who has advocated a non reaction.  Even in the last video he suggested reactions as you call them - isolating elderly.   I have no idea what you mean by a counter-narrative nor for that matter a majority view. You have created a false dilemma  in order to argue from a  position of strength.  That is my big take away.  

You gotta give the samurai medals.

It works with medals.

C7BD6DF3-6724-494F-8A56-1EB3E958432F.gif

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, NHL'er said:

"Try it if you'd like" :ph34r:

Guy is like an evangelist pushing the miracle cure. The sale pitch comes in 5,4,3,2,1

And now you can order this wonder drug for only three easy payments of $29.95.

But wait, there’s more. We’ll throw in an autographed picture of the commander in chief in a MAGA hat.

Order now, while quantities last.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I thought I read a story where a bunch of them didn't bother self-isolated after driving back from that virus hotspot Florida.

Nope. 
We have OnRoute here in Ontario. Stops on the highway with some restaurants, gas stations and so on...

Snowbirds...750,000 of ‘em.

Quebec closed its borders with New York early so they all drove all the way into Ontario via Buffalo, Hamilton, Toronto, Kingston, and everything in between until they got home, parked their rig, and hugged everyone.

Edited by Me_
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

You gotta give the samurai medals.

It works with medals.

C7BD6DF3-6724-494F-8A56-1EB3E958432F.gif

Being a parent you get used to children repeating the same things over and over - it is how they learn and develop skills, and it brings them lots of enjoyment.  My daughter bakes me an imaginary cake almost everyday from her little toy kitchen.   So yes, I understand you.

Edited by samurai
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, samurai said:

Being a parent you get used to children repeating the same things over and over - it is how they learn and develop skills, and it brings them lots of enjoyment.  My daughter bakes me an imaginary cake almost everyday from her little toy kitchen.   So yes, I understand you.

Son: Dad where did the cat go?

Me: In the house

Son: Dad where did the cat go?

Me: In the house

x10,000,000 times lol

All day, every day.....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1