The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday reportedly said he won’t stop economic reopening efforts as the state recorded its highest daily increase in coronavirus cases in a single day.

“We’re not shutting down, we’re gonna go forward,” he said at a press conference, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. “We’re gonna continue to protect the most vulnerable.”

The Sunshine State on Tuesday tallied 2,783 new instances of the coronavirus — the fourth time in six days a record number of cases was met

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/florida-gov-says-state-will-keep-reopening-amid-coronavirus-surge/

3xesnl.jpg

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Saw this on twitter.....

Beijing’s population is 21.5 million. 100 new cases in past 5 days. Closing schools, testing everyone & locking down.

BC has pop 5.1 million & 50 cases over the past 5 days. Response? Only test 971 people, still no masks  in schools & look to next phase of opening the economy.

Yea China claimed they had gotten rid of the virus a month ago, everything coming out of there is hogwash anyways.  100 new cases, I call BS on that number.

16 hours ago, chon derry said:

No such thing as bad weather there's only bad rain coats :ph34r: btw my 23 years as a  hwys driver between rupert , terrace the section holds a canadian  24  hour snowfall record 12ft         shames mountain. 02IMG_0684.jpg

Looks like abominable snowman is about to pick up that house with one hand.

38 minutes ago, skategal said:

Isn't that where both MLS and the NBA are planning their restart?  Good grief!  Huge spike in cases overall in Florida, but I'm sure that's only because of increased testing.  They wouldn't have any cases if they weren't testing /s. 

That's certainly what China doesn't want you to think. ;)

Ignorance is bliss. :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, skategal said:

Isn't that where both MLS and the NBA are planning their restart?  Good grief!  Huge spike in cases overall in Florida, but I'm sure that's only because of increased testing.  They wouldn't have any cases if they weren't testing /s. 

To look at it another way, there's a good chance the workers at Orlando Airport will reach heard immunity before the NBA gets there....<_<

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

To look at it another way, there's a good chance the workers at Orlando Airport will reach heard immunity before the NBA gets there....<_<

Maybe Donnie will hold more rallies in Florida?:ph34r:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, skategal said:

And.....it was a mistake.  Or was it?  50+% positive seems like a huge number even for Florida, so I'm inclined to believe that it's lower than that. 

Shame on me for taking the GOP state governor on his word.:lol:  I should’ve known better.

'ICUs are full, patients are dying': 3 Alabama counties see jump in weekly cases

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/icus-are-full-patients-are-dying-3-alabama-counties-see-jump-in-weekly-cases/ar-BB15ChJh?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

As of Sunday, the intensive care unit (ICU) bed occupancy rate for Montgomery and Tuscaloosa Counties were each at 96%, according to the memo.

Hospitals statewide are now hitting their worst "trifecta" yet: the largest number of new hospitalizations in one day; the highest total number of hospitalized patients; and the lowest ICU capacity since the pandemic began.

This is what happens when you don't flatten the curve.  The hospital will be overloaded with cases and not enough beds. 

• Upvote 2

Why some Canadians have already run out of CERB: ‘I was in tears’

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/why-some-canadians-have-already-run-out-of-cerb-i-was-in-tears/ar-BB15zFPC?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

But those like Smith who applied through EI received an initial advance payment of $2,000 in addition to the $1,000 bi-weekly payments tied to their employment reports.

Back in April, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), speaking with Global News, called the $2,000 payment "an advance of weeks to be paid later on in their claim."

She didn't realize until now that she was receiving CERB instead of EI and had no idea the $2,000 deposit she received months ago was an advance payment.

"I was able to use that money again to get my debt down," she says.

I have no sympathy for her to have thought the emergency money was to be used to pay down her debt.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"If we stopped reporting job losses, we’d have very little unemployment." :lol:

Also no police brutality, racism, crime etc.  Almost forgot...also no new cases in BC schools. 

Edited by spur1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"If we stopped reporting job losses, we’d have very little unemployment." :lol:

What the....is this real?  I guess if we didn't have a poverty line, nobody would be living below it.  And if we didn't have any laws, then nobody could break them.  Hell, we can do this with any issue.

• Upvote 1

it's funny how with so many stories about this administration, you have to ask yourself, "Is this real?" :rolleyes:

I was reading a story about Hydroxychloroquine and how the feds are stuck with millions of doses that are no longer approved by the FDA as a treatment for Covid19....instead of admitting that they took a swing and missed, Peter Navarro had this to say:

“This is a Deep State blindside by bureaucrats who hate the administration they work for more than they’re concerned about saving American lives,”

45hb2a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2