The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

What the....is this real?  I guess if we didn't have a poverty line, nobody would be living below it.  And if we didn't have any laws, then nobody could break them.  Hell, we can do this with any issue.

Nah.  It's just one of the quotes from that twitter post.  Scary thing is, that comment wouldn't look that out of place with that administration.

Good thing for your country, there is still 'checks & balances' in your system of government (though the current group seems to want to change that).  Kind of like a trip to the dentist, you'll just have to 'ride it out' I'm afraid.

• Cheers 1

What the....is this real?  I guess if we didn't have a poverty line, nobody would be living below it.  And if we didn't have any laws, then nobody could break them.  Hell, we can do this with any issue.

The part about testing is. The part about jobs was just a play on that.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

I swear, if this idiot is still in office come next election, I'll be the first to drink the bleach.  I can't take another 4 years of his tweets.

Dude... the best you can do is no more years of office. However, his tweets aren’t going anywhere. Unless.... Twitter finally drops their nuts, which should have dropped the day he was using THEIR Platform for calling out Obama for not being American. 

FCK Trump and his entire family and administration 

FCK Twitter 

Seriously, Brother, just make sure you and yours vote.

Cheers 

Edited by Canorth
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

So essential workers or workers who are deemed 'essential' that work across the border don't need to be tested when they return?  I don't agree with that.  

Is that different than truckers who are crossing and moving products from country to country?

I swear, if this idiot is still in office come next election, I'll be the first to drink the bleach.  I can't take another 4 years of his tweets.

I wonder how much this recent racial issues is going to work for Biden because a couple months ago I didn't think Biden had a hope in hell, now he may if enough independents/centerists are pushed to avoid trump again after this crap show.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Is that different than truckers who are crossing and moving products from country to country?

I wonder how much this recent racial issues is going to work for Biden because a couple months ago I didn't think Biden had a hope in hell, now he may if enough independents/centerists are pushed to avoid trump again after this crap show.

If I’m not mistaken, Biden was already polling well with African-Americans even before this all happened. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

If I’m not mistaken, Biden was already polling well with African-Americans even before this all happened. 

Any NDP candidate would for the most part.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Any Liberal candidate would for the most part.

A liberal candidate who served as VP for the country’s first black president. 

I’d be curious to see the numbers on it now but I imagine Trump is going to get thrashed in the black vote even more than he was going to anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I’d be curious to see the numbers on it now but I imagine Trump is going to get thrashed in the black vote even more than he was going to anyway. 

Trump isn't after the Black vote......    7% of the total vote ...    Clearly trump is after the moonshine / banjo voters which is 51 % of Americans .....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Black conservatives do exist. They get thrashed about by their own communities and make up a minority within the minority. Left usually majority of the black vote.

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Black conservatives do exist. They get thrashed about by their own communities and make up a minority within the minority. Left usually majority of the black vote.

I’m well aware. What I’m saying is I’m curious to see just how lopsided that demographic will vote come November. 

Really wish the BC media would start doing their job.   Start asking hard questions to our government . 

BC gov.   should be releasing the name of the fastfood restaurant that has the outbreak so people that went there can get tested. and avoid the place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Really wish the BC media would start doing their job.   Start asking hard questions to our government . 

BC gov.   should be releasing the name of the fastfood restaurant that has the outbreak so people that went there can get tested. and avoid the place. 

Actually, BC is a world example on Covid.

So imagine everyone else is worse.

And there you have it.

38 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Actually, BC is a world example on Covid.

So imagine everyone else is worse.

And there you have it.

Lets keep it that way.   People of BC have done an amazing job so far.... but of course there is still tough work still to be done.  This virus is here among us and we all need to be diligent and thoughtful in how we act. 

• Vintage 1

But the hysteria around the virus in this province is nauseating. The virus is here, will continue to come here, and it's going to ramp up when the border does officially open because that will have to happen one day soon. The goal was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed, and now it appears the goal is to get the number of cases to zero. New Zealand proved that the second you open the border and allow travel the numbers are going to go up. Given our proximity to WA and AB it seems likely to me we could be right back where we were in March. So either you keep everything locked down and hide behind plastic screens and this and that and strangle small businesses to death and wait for a vaccine which many are going to refuse until they get sick, and even then may refuse it still, or you open the doors ultimately, eventually, and let whatever happens happen. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

36 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

But the hysteria around the virus in this province is nauseating. The virus is here, will continue to come here, and it's going to ramp up when the border does officially open because that will have to happen one day soon. The goal was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed, and now it appears the goal is to get the number of cases to zero. New Zealand proved that the second you open the border and allow travel the numbers are going to go up. Given our proximity to WA and AB it seems likely to me we could be right back where we were in March. So either you keep everything locked down and hide behind plastic screens and this and that and strangle small businesses to death and wait for a vaccine which many are going to refuse until they get sick, and even then may refuse it still, or you open the doors ultimately, eventually, and let whatever happens happen. 

I don't see anyone saying we shouldn't slowly open up.  What is leading you to think that?

• Cheers 2