The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

We're being asked to wear a mask...paper/cloth.  Come on, people reacting like it's "hard".  Bugger off.  Imagine having the "I can't breathe" deal without a mask that you can take off?  A permanent deal not just a couple hours while you're out and about.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

We're being asked to wear a mask...paper/cloth.  Come on, people reacting like it's "hard".  Bugger off.  Imagine having the "I can't breathe" deal without a mask that you can take off?  A permanent deal not just a couple hours while you're out and about.

I'd like to see a study on the psychological reasons for not wanting to wear a mask.

My guess is it is insecurity. People likely don't feel comfortable not knowing what face a stranger might be making at them. We communicate soo much more than with just words.

I obviously support wearing masks but I am curious about the push back.

One small story to back up my thought. 

My best friend, a real good dude was at a Canucks game. He was in a bad mood and found that a guy sitting close by was snarling and looking angry every time he glanced over.  After a while and some internal assumptions my friend called him out. "what are you looking at? do we need to have a talk!" 

My buddies heart sank as he realised he had now scared a mentally challenged person. The guy wasn't making faces, he was just trying to enjoy a hockey game. That was ruined. 

I said, my friend was a good guy... He apologised  and now tells that story as a warning to hot head losers like he was that day.

• Vintage 4

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I'd like to see a study on the psychological reasons for not wanting to wear a mask.

My guess is it is insecurity. People likely don't feel comfortable not knowing what face a stranger might be making at them. We communicate soo much more than with just words.

I obviously support wearing masks but I am curious about the push back.

One small story to back up my thought. 

My best friend, a real good dude was at a Canucks game. He was in a bad mood and found that a guy sitting close by was snarling and looking angry every time he glanced over.  After a while and some internal assumptions my friend called him out. "what are you looking at? do we need to have a talk!" 

My buddies heart sank as he realised he had now scared a mentally challenged person. The guy wasn't making faces, he was just trying to enjoy a hockey game. That was ruined. 

I said, my friend was a good guy... He apologised  and now tells that story as a warning to hot head losers like he was that day.

Some, sure.

I think, for many, it's a "don't tell me what to do" rebellious thing.  If you use reverse psychology and tell them not to, they likely would.  

Thing is, we're being asked to, not told.  But some still resist like they are defying "orders" when, really, it's just a matter of being unselfish.  It's an act of unity at this point...a "we're all in this thing together" deal as I see it.  Some who resist wearing them like the attention it gets, even if negative.  Trolls.  Not all...but they're out there.

Very good point though..."learn the hard way".  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

it goes to show how out of touch some people are.....this woman likely thought posting this video to social media would garner support. It did the opposite:

https://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-woman-films-denial-of-care-in-er-after-refusing-to-wear-mask-1.5012010

Click the link to see how others on social media responded.....

Seems like she was there baiting, imo

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Seems like she was there baiting, imo

yeah. Like I said, I think she honestly thought people were going to be outraged at how she was "mistreated".....

....talk about misreading the room....:rolleyes:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 1

Come on guys, this is all about defeating president Trump in November.

Virus is nothing but a hoax created by the democrats, nothing but the seasonal flu!

We can’t change the course now since that would mean our divine leader was wrong!

US coronavirus: Officials say states like Arizona and Texas reopened too quickly after soaring Covid-19 cases

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-officials-say-states-like-arizona-and-texas-reopened-too-quickly-after-soaring-covid-19-cases/ar-BB16nAg5

Edited by CBH1926

42 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

yeah. Like I said, I think she honestly thought people were going to be outraged at hos she was "mistreated".....

....talk about misreading the room....:rolleyes:

She is like so many others that think nothing of this virus.  Only when the contract it and end up in ICU will they give a damn.

• Vintage 2

8 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

What the F ??!! 

What is happening over there ? Any reasonable answer to why bad things are coming from China ?

I’m thinking that any and all air traffic should be suspended from China until they get their viral outbreaks under some semblance of control. As long as that turd, Xi Jinping lies through his teeth, they’ll never change. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Good for you!

I hit the bottle hard so that cost me some pounds but I think I lost a bit. Not as much as I should have.

I haven't trimmed the beard once. It is brutal but going strong!

I haven’t gained much weight but lost a lot of muscle mass by not working out or dragon boat practicing.  Also drinking more beer than I’ve ever have.  Was able to try way more craft beer from local breweries.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m thinking that any and all air traffic should be suspended from China until they get their vita outbreaks under some semblance of control. As long as that turd, Xi Jinping lies through his teeth, they’ll never change. 

The US has anywhere from 1-17 cases of bubonic plague every year, it's not a China thing

Not sure if it's a weakness of my brother. He used to drive a Suzuki Katana in 1982 GS550S. At the time he had no issues wearing a full face helmet. 

When my nephew got his Triumph Bonneville. My brother told me he can't wear full face helmets as he feels claustrophobic. So something happend from 1982 to 2018. 

I have no issues. I get it, it's nice to have the face shield open a little to get fresh air. But to not wear a mask if you are picking up groceries isn't a big ask.

Maybe more people are claustrophobic than we know?

Edited by Ghostsof1915

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The swine flu pandemic that could occur is coming from China. I know that a lot of Chinese people are upset at their government for it, so to me it’s not so much a Chinese thing as it is a CCP thing. 

Xi Jinping is a dictator. Pure and simple. The smoke screen that they’ve been blowing since the beginning of the outbreak is nothing short of insidious.

How they’ve treated people in their country who are trying to get the truth out is horrific. Li Weinlang should be considered a national hero in China, instead he was harassed by the government mercilessly before he succumbed to the virus. To clarify, it’s the government and not the people that are guilty. 

no argument here, just saying that this headline is misleading as the BP is a yearly, albeit minute, occurence in North America

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

image.png.3ca49d32056e37010cec07899372b753.png

"Whomst" is a great word, even if it isn't one you'd find in the dictionary.

Seems like these times call for biblical parlance anyway......

"Thou must taketh thy jeroboam of astringent fluid and imbibe of it verily!" "Also must thou taketh thy source of illumination and shineth it up your nether regions most consummately, if thou wouldst forestall vexing afflictions"......

...."and in so doing, thou willst Maketh America Gradiose Anew!"

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Whomst" is a great word, even if it isn't one you'd find in the dictionary.

Seems like these times call for biblical parlance anyway......

"Thou must taketh thy jeroboam of astringent fluid and imbibe of it verily!" "Also must thou taketh thy source of illumination and shineth it up your nether regions most consummately, if thou wouldst forestall vexing afflictions"......

...."and in so doing, thou willst Maketh America Gradiose Anew!"

I actually love the word whomst.  I should try dropping it casually sometime lol.

I also really love this spelling of whilst.