The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7132353/man-dies-coronavirus-bbq/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalBC&fbclid=IwAR3dXCuAKlO68rT-uAuztCn5tV_LImrYeZRW-Xes7xWG4YYwlT8Ra5oaK7Y

According to NBC News, the friend was aware of their diagnosis prior to attending the gathering. They weren’t showing symptoms and therefore believed they couldn’t infect anyone else.

That friend is a dumbass who clearly was either not listening or ignoring what the health professionals have been saying. It's infuriating that an at risk individual (diabetes in this case) lost their life even though they've been following the rules just because one idiot so blatantly broke the rules. 

It's one thing if they were asymptomatic and spread it by accident but they KNEW they were positive for the virus. And, if asymptomatic, you don't get tested for no reason, so clearly they'd been in contact with someone or someplace with a case and still decided to go to the BBQ after feeling concerned enough to get tested and found positive

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Russ said:

How much is this that the world has finally gotten supply to test more than before? Obviously new virus you have to develop more tests and can't get things right away so I wonder how many tests they missed early on due to lack of tests available. 

Actually the most sad thing is how many countries are not even testing people.... not even test people dying... and  totally under reporting....

https://globalnews.ca/news/7132041/nick-cordero-cbs-lung-transplant/

Nick Cordero will likely need lung transplant, says wife Amanda Kloots

linked-in-blue-tie-1.jpg?quality=85&stri
By Don Mitchell Global News
Posted July 2, 2020 12:21 pm
Nick Cordero and Amanda Kloots attend the 'Going in Style' New York premiere at SVA Theatre on March 30, 2017 in New York City.
Nick Cordero and Amanda Kloots attend the 'Going in Style' New York premiere at SVA Theatre on March 30, 2017 in New York City. Mike Coppola/Getty Images
  •  

Kloots shared the latest on the Hamilton-born Cordero during a pre-taped interview on “CBS This Morning” that aired Thursday.

The 38-year-old professional fitness instructor told host Gayle King that there is a 99 per cent chance “he would be needing that.”

“In order to live the kind of life that I know my husband would want to live, that is a long road away and a lot of things would have to line up for Nick to be a candidate for that,” Kloots told King.

Kloots went on to say that Cordero’s body is “extremely weak” and that his muscles have atrophied.

“So he can’t move his body yet. He can still open his eyes. And when he is alert and awake, he’ll answer commands by looking up or down, yes or no questions,” she said.

Cordero’s wife went on to describe the three-month ordeal at an intensive care unit in Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as a “hamster wheel” in reference to the good and bad news she’s been getting weekly.

“I call it the vicious circle or the ICU dance because you just feel like you’re in this momentum of going around, around, around like a hamster wheel. And I just want to get us out of the hamster wheel,” Kloots said.

Cordero’s hospitalization started in late March when the Tony award-nominated Bullets over Broadway star was admitted to Cedars-Sinai for what initially was believed to be pneumonia. He was eventually diagnosed with COVID-19, and has since battled complications including lung infections and septic shock.

Last month, Kloots said Cordero had been receiving antibiotics with the possibility of a stem cell treatment to address damage in his lungs.

The Ohio native, who’s been updating her husband’s progress regularly on social media, said Cordero had to endure a medically-induced coma, weeks after having his right leg amputated as a result of complications from the coronavirus.

In an Instagram post on Thursday morning, Kloots said medical staff at Cedar-Sinai removed a “temporary” pacemaker in the hopes it would help with “infections that can cause blood pressure issues.”

“He hasn’t been pacing so they feel confident that this will be ok. It’s also good to remove lines and if his heart is doing ok that’s great news,” Kloots wrote in the post.

8 hours ago, Petey40 said:

basically the conclusion I’ve come to is Canadians are also pretty stupid and uninformed. 

Take a pic and send it to Worksafe BC, if you're fearful of getting Corona at work, which is warranted, then don't work at least you'll have proof that protocols aren't being followed.  Read the post above yours, 38yo man will need a full lung transplant - and he's not going to get one. 

11 hours ago, sassbs said:

Yesterday a hair salon in the gta, following all protocols, had to shut down due to an outbreak of 18 people receiving the virus.   Including employees.    

this $&!#s not going away anytime soon.    

I still don't feel comfortable getting my haircut - trying to borrow some clippers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

14 hours ago, Russ said:

How much is this that the world has finally gotten supply to test more than before? Obviously new virus you have to develop more tests and can't get things right away so I wonder how many tests they missed early on due to lack of tests available. 

The #s are probably massively higher if the densely populated poor countries are included.  I really doubt these nations have the wherewithal to test all their sick people and certainly cannot provide much in the way of healthcare.  In many areas, they have to go and fetch their water and boil it, so 'wash your hands' is far more difficult; 'social distancing' is impossible; 'wear a mask' unlikely and 'stay calm' doubtful.

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Take a pic and send it to Worksafe BC, if you're fearful of getting Corona at work, which is warranted, then don't work at least you'll have proof that protocols aren't being followed.  Read the post above yours, 38yo man will need a full lung transplant - and he's not going to get one. 

I still don't feel comfortable getting my haircut - trying to borrow some clippers.  

WorkSafe BC -  LOL. 

The issue is the regulations are not strong enough......  BC government is not adequately  protecting BC workers....

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

There is actually a number to call if you see plates from the US here.  It's an issue and some are lying at the border, stating they're traveling to Alaska.  So that loophole is being looked at.

I'm sorry, but her story ticks me off.  She's lived in the US for 20 years and demands she has a right to be here with her 84 year old mother, who feels isolated.  Well so does my 84 year old Dad...who's battled cancer and is very vulnerable in all of this.  I live....2 miles away but see him only when necessary because of this deal - my friend's Mom lives in a care home and she's been forbidden from visiting for months.  No different...we're all feeling that sadness.

But it's in order to protect them/others.  In the picture, this woman's out and about with Mom...so is she "isolated" or just lonely?  Isolated 84 year olds, for me, are sitting in a care home window staring outward.  Or, like my Dad, pretty much bed ridden unless he has a really good day.  It's tragic.

I'd imagine this woman's mother is lonely a good deal of the time with her daughter living away from her.  It sucks, but we all have to make sacrifices until this thing clears.  

Glad to see she follows protocol but people are very defensive and protective right now...for good reason.  She isn't special and many of us are avoiding our elderly loved ones because they aren't as lucky and can't be out and about.  That's isolation.

I know Dr. Bonnie says "be kind"....I'm not in a good place for that right now.  Trying, but these boo hoo stories of someone "glaring" at her?  Whatever.  I get the finger some days too when someone entitled feels they want to jump the line and cut in in front of me.  Happens.  "Harassed" is a bit of a stretch here.  One person flipped her off...omg.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

There is actually a number to call if you see plates from the US here.  It's an issue and some are lying at the border, stating they're traveling to Alaska.  So that loophole is being looked at.

Yep, some are saying that they are going to Alaska but somehow ended up in Port Renfrew.  Awfully long way to go to get to Alaska.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov has passed due to covid. He is considered a free style wrestling master and an Honored coach in Russia. He was 57. 

His son is Khabib, current UFC undefeated lightweight champion. One of the best fighters to ever step foot in the cage. 

Lost some knowledge with this passing.

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s father dies aged 57 after coronavirus fight

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/khabib-nurmagomedov-father-abdulmanap-dead-coronavirus-reports-ufc-6488743/

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

WorkSafe BC -  LOL. 

The issue is the regulations are not strong enough......  BC government is not adequately  protecting BC workers....

No, the issue is that (some) BC workers are not following the stated protocols.  Petey40 stated, "It’s mandatory we wear masks on the job but we have a crew of about 100 and half the people wear them below their nose."  

People need to take some responsibility in educating themselves and following the obvious guidelines.  You need to stop constantly using false information to attack the BC government (and health officials).  The majority of the citizens of this fine province are very happy with how the authorities have dealt with the pandemic.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

The bigger issue is we have Covid health experts on set at all times and they don’t seem to care, they tried and then gave up after a couple days..