The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's what I noticed last night. Despite two of the most high powered forwards in the league. I didn't worry at all. It wasn't like the Canucks were chasing the play. They were dictating the play. Even when Edmonton tied it up a few times. They were playing catch up. It never fell apart to being a track meet. I haven't felt like that with the Canucks in years. Maybe doing well in the playoffs has improved things for the team. Not to mention the addition by subtraction that the team's has done. 

I still want MacE to chop down McDavid for what he did against Hughes. 

This.....

31 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

If McDavid finished on his chances he would have damn near beat us just on his own, which he looked frustrated with his team and that’s what he was trying to do 

gotta keep that guy to the outside and not let him get the step behind the D , if he bury his chances we could be in trouble 

You know what they say, "if grandma had balls she would be a grandpa"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

Seattle is the rumor, to be fair Nick Kypreos has really good sources in the league, and Green has many friends in the media to sea stuff out

It would be a shame to lose Green to any other team. Seems like he really clicked with the young core here and the players like playing for him. We will see if he is brought back. My previous post was more of a response to how Calgary just keeps picking up personnels we don't bring back.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's what I noticed last night. Despite two of the most high powered forwards in the league. I didn't worry at all. It wasn't like the Canucks were chasing the play. They were dictating the play. Even when Edmonton tied it up a few times. They were playing catch up. It never fell apart to being a track meet. I haven't felt like that with the Canucks in years. Maybe doing well in the playoffs has improved things for the team. Not to mention the addition by subtraction that the team's has done. 

It's amazing what speed and quicker thinking does for a lineup.  Canucks have taken a big step forward with Hoglander, MacEwen, Schmidt and even players like Joulevi who are faster skaters and thinkers than players like Loui, Tanev etc.  Good year for the Canucks last year but there are still plays where they were slower and took too long to process the play.  This year we have the potential for that to be much improved and we saw it so far in a single sample set.