The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, brownky said:

Florida is symbol of dysfunction, and Vegas also fired their GM 'because'... ...I'm not sure why.

It's back to Whataboutisms; I don't care how other teams decide to fail... maybe Gallant pushes Management's buttons. Great.

Pretty troubling he’s been fired twice despite success, I’d be hesitant to hire him imo. 

• Cheers 1

We have only shown a quality effort in 4 out of 11 periods thus far.

It's still early in the year but you have to wonder how long the leshes are on coaching staff..
Auqaman seems very enthusiastic about the steps forward we took last year, sooner or later he will want answers.

Personally i've wanted newell gone since the day he was RE-hired. I do like green as he seems like a good players coach.
Baumer should also be replaced based on the pathetic defense structure if you can even call it that.

Collapse the net and give forwards entering the zone nothing but space to make plays... so frustrating to watch.

I strongly believe travis needs to be surrounded with proven quality assistant, ones that know how to make adjustments on the fly, not just preach it post game.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, b3. said:

Our coaching staff is really overrated when the team plays well.

Newell Brown was fired for a reason, his powerplays are notorious for standstill movement. Everyone in the league knows it.

Baumgartner couldn’t ever play defense worth a damn, and his tactics display that.

Here fricking here!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's also been turfed with no explanation in two different franchises. I'd take Babs before  Gallant. 

Babcock is the most overrated coach in the last 20 years.

A toaster oven would have won with the team he had in Detroit.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1