The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did Petey Deserve a Fine....

Rate this topic

Wayne Jetski

48 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Did this deserve it's own thread? Discuss.

Real talk though, no. Does it matter? Also no. Frustrations boiled over. And rightfully so. Guy has stunk up 95% of his shifts so far. Maybe this'll get him going. Along with Miller's return.

Fair enough. Just wanted to see if I was jaded or losing my mind In him getting a fine for that. Like when Sedin’s would get abused by the Rat and Duncan Keith and then when they did a anything were crucified. Just seems wrong. 

appreciate your perspective as well, I’d say more like 94% of his shifts though....:emot-parrot: 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

guess u didnt notice the 2 crosschecks petey recieved just before the slash 

Those happen 100 times every game. It's clear Petey is frustrated right now and he made a poor decision in the heat of the battle.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

43 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Those happen 100 times every game. It's clear Petey is frustrated right now and he made a poor decision in the heat of the battle.

You think the flames wouldn't be slashing people after they cried to the league about it.

Better a fine than a phone call.

It’s hard to dispute this, a slash is typically on the legs, stick, hands or forearm... not in the chest...  I’m okay with the fine and it shows Petey is playing with passion. He got a little carried away, but he’s sending a message, he won’t take sh!+

also I love how much Petey has been throwing the body around. He’s throwing a hit with full intent each shift

• Thanks 1

This is the problem with the nhl, completely legal to cross check a player when they don’t have the puck but you answer that and you get fined.  I didn’t hate the slash, petey is probably not dropping the mitts anytime soon and there’s got to be some sort of deterrent for the checkers.  Hopefully the group can get on track next time out.

Pettersson slashed Monahan in the chest but notice Monahan embellished by grabbing his face when his face didn't even get affected... And I'm surprised Pettersson has gotten fined after all the abuse he has taken in the past that weren't even penalties let alone fines...

Edited by kesler_sedins
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2