The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Benning's ineptness is the problem with this team Allso when they bring in a AHL coach what do you expect . Time to move on from Benning and Green. We are so tight against the cap he has no moves but to send players with big contracts on waivers Roussel , Benn , Erickson , play with a 20 man roster and 6 on the Taxi Squad.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hate that Bo was hard on himself in the post game. He was one of the only players last night who brought a consistent and solid effort. Everyone else hopefully apologized to him for their garbage effort, including the coaching staff. This is in no way on Bo. 

He needs to say that though....it probably doesn't go over too well in the room if he says "I played well, but my teammates sucked" 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hate that Bo was hard on himself in the post game. He was one of the only players last night who brought a consistent and solid effort. Everyone else hopefully apologized to him for their garbage effort, including the coaching staff. This is in no way on Bo. 

We are know that Bo is the best player so far in the season and a great captain. His teammates and coaches know too. He's absorbing all the pressure from his teammates, doing what a great Captain should do. We know what kind of person and player Bo is, he has elite characters and he can take this. 

This is what the Sedins did in the past, always humbled and respectful to the media. They mentored Bo well.

• Vintage 2

My, but emotions are running so high here.

Blame is spread everywhere except one person.

Even with all the defence healthy the team is still short 3 defencemen, NHL types.

PP is working good.

Green can only coach what he has.

Goalies are not playing badly, really!

The biggest problem here is expectations were WAAAAAAyyyy too high.

Myers is trying to do too much, he is trying to carry the other defencemen.

Pettersson is putting too much pressure on himself, this is like the sophomore slump, it will take time.

One more game vs the Canadiens and then the team everyone picked for DFL, so a couple of wins maybe?

Looking around the league for trade possibilities, defencemen. Has to be very close to a dollar for dollar swap. A good defenceman will cost big and this team can't settle with another offering, it needs to GO AFTER targeted defencemen and likely over pay to get very good young defencemen. Sergachev, Dernak, Chyrchyn, Ristolainen, Dahlin, Soucy, Myers, you get the idea. Build for tomorrow by using the flat cap, accelerated and compressed schedule and expansion coming. Retention on any last year FA this team trades.

I guess Green can go all out ROVER, 4 forwards and one defenceman. In a month or two Jurmo and Tryamkin might be available, or sooner if the team wants.

Hey the boys tried real hard.

Edited by Lazurus

@King Heffy Ok I was wrong the run and gun doesn't work when the defense is banged up like it is, maybe would of worked if Edler and Hamonic weren't injured but yeah doesn't work when the D is beat up like it is. I guess back to playing a defensive game and our goalies getting peppered with shots, I guess will just have to hope for the goalies to bail us out going forward, like Marky did for 2 and half years.

VAN lost 7 to 3 - Toffoli's number. Coincidence? lol

That was brutal, embarrassing D. Rafferty? Oh my. I feel bad for Myers, he wants to play physical, but every time he hits someone they collapse and he gets penalized. It's no wonder he doesn't hit everything in site.  Demko is bad this year, Pettersson is bad this year. What do we expect? They kind of suck after Benning let the MVP walk.. 

• Like 1