The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

With the compressed schedule players like Edler and Hamonic will miss more games from injury then normal. Plus , we still see the style this team seems to employ puts them in a position where they spend large amounts of time hemmed into their own end. This has been the case for several years now. I think we will see every D man that we have access to play this year.

I know it is only 5 games in but I expect a step back this year. I also worry that there will be a lot of extra pressure put on Hughes. If he gets a serious injury we are done for the year. He is by far our best defenseman.

• Cheers 1

I just remembered that awful breakdown leading to a point blank shot by Gallagher with less than 2 seconds left. 

Oh my we dodged a bullet last night. 

How have we given up 2 grade A chances off a defensive zone draw in the last 4 games like this. 

I don't remember a season we gave even one of these changes away during the entire season. 

Its 5 seconds. Just focus lol

What a show last night. I would really like to see Roussel replaced by Hawryluk and see what this kid can do. I really haven’t noticed Roussel at all this season and he’s supposed to be our $£!+ disturber at 3M. Switch them out, because he Antoine needs a shake up to get himself going and give the kid a try. I heard great things about him in the off season. We can’t keep getting injured with no recourse. Give them back with some gritty pushback please. GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 4

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

hell no lock up the defense  hopefully benn rafferty get a look tonight but itprobably be benn juolevi

hughes schmidt

juolevi myers 

benn rafferty or  juolevi benn   or rathbone benn 

chatfield  

give the youngsters a look  may as well   hamonic looked horrible last night 

dude, f*$% Benn.... why would you pull Chatfield out who had a good game for him?? 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Plus , we still see the style this team seems to employ puts them in a position where they spend large amounts of time hemmed into their own end.

Seems strange to say this after a game where we weren't hemmed into our own end at all..