The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

They were the #4 pp on the league last year and had a solid pp in the playoffs.  I'm no NB fan either, but pretty sure he's not telling petey and boes to keep passing back and forth.  Pretty clear those are on ice decisions they're making

If the players continue to sh!t the Bec it will, inevitably, be the coaches that pay the price however

So we get rid of our core players ? You make no sense. At the end of the day the coaches are teaching these guys what to do and not to do on the ice. If they can’t execute and the players aren’t buying into it then the coaches have got to go. Simple as that. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Maginator said:

No one is taking Beags or Roussell.

Thank god Sutter will be gone though. Hoping we let Pearson walk though. Id keep him as a 3rd liner, not a 2nd liner. I'm a little scared Jim will sign Pearson out of fear of last offseason.

Jim should he sent to the psycho ward for those contracts. Nobody beside him and dumber Jim thought that was a good idea.

All you folks getting on Green and seeking death!  Give the man a break okay!  He's only getting paid $1M bucks + bonus a year....yeah, peanuts for his heavy toil, to STAND behind a bunch of sweaty guys with poor hygene and bio-breaks only during pre-scheduled commercial breaks.....how many of you would do that for a $mil?  Okay, put your hands down, I know you don't mean it...so shut up already....he's probably got feelings.  It's hard to see under those cheap suits and mask, but it's there!  For God sakes, let's care for each other for once. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wayne Glensky said:

So we get rid of our core players ? You make no sense. At the end of the day the coaches are teaching these guys what to do and not to do on the ice. If they can’t execute and the players aren’t buying into it then the coaches have got to go. Simple as that. 

Who said get rid of core players?  Not once did I even hint at that.  Petey and Quinn are two of my favourite players

6 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I really don't think Benning is telling Aquilini that he's firing Green so that he can pay two coaches at once in a pandemic.

Aquilini would have to pay two people regardless if this losing keeps up.

Then again, yeah. Who knows. Aquilini might toss this season away so that he could save money.

Worst case scenario, it's either Benning or Green leaving, maybe even both. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

They were the #4 pp on the league last year and had a solid pp in the playoffs.  I'm no NB fan either, but pretty sure he's not telling petey and boes to keep passing back and forth.  Pretty clear those are on ice decisions they're making

If the players continue to sh!t the Bec it will, inevitably, be the coaches that pay the price however

Are they telling them not to though?  

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Darth Canuck said:

I said this before, we’re going to have 1-2 years of pain now, until those dead contracts get off the books. But once that happens look out, it’s going to be awesome!!

Not if the same guy who gave out those bad contracts, is still around to continue doing so.  I give him points for drafting, but his record for signing free agents, is abysmal.

Seriously think about how stupid the idea is that it’s the coaching staff’s fault we are getting rag dolled. The only thing that changed from last season is what JB had his hands on. Everyone is acting like the coaching staff is trying this radical new system. The only radical new anything is a dressing room without ole dad Taney, a Net without Markstrom, TT on the other team who we let walk for what we pay our bottom 6. We gave up big assets for him, the guy wanted to finish his career here at an extremely reasonable price but we couldn’t sign him because JB couldn’t unload any of the dead weight he crippled this team with. 

With that being said, we could still turn this around pretty quickly. I actually thought we played a lot better tonight. I think they should just ride this out till the off-season and start over fresh then. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

All you folks getting on Green and seeking death!  Give the man a break okay!  He's only getting paid $1M bucks + bonus a year....yeah, peanuts for his heavy toil, to STAND behind a bunch of sweaty guys with poor hygene and bio-breaks only during pre-scheduled commercial breaks.....how many of you would do that for a $mil?  Okay, put your hands down, I know you don't mean it...so shut up already....he's probably got feelings.  It's hard to see under those cheap suits and mask, but it's there!  For God sakes, let's care for each other for once. 

Color me selfish but I want to see a Cup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

I said this before, we’re going to have 1-2 years of pain now, until those dead contracts get off the books. But once that happens look out, it’s going to be awesome!!

I agree.  But Green has got to go.  He's not good enough to take the Canucks to the Cup.