The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, c00kies said:

He also doesn't have a very good roster to deal with. Montreal has depth, Vancouver does not. If our star players don't dominate, we will lost more often than not. 

Defense (team defense and the way we play, goalies need to be unreal.

Ya. Coaching.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Anyhow....the team's struggling, badly.  It happens.

When you have great young players in the line up who are struggling you guide them through it.  You don't give up on them and sit them and starting picking through for replacements.  Seriously?

How's that working out?

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

At that level?  Yes and no.......it kind of works like the military once you get to higher levels of hockey, as far as motivation goes.  The coach motivates the leadership group, the leaders motivate the infantry.

Even at the CHL level most players don't interact much with the coaching staff.  They lost two of their top leaders in Market and Tanev and I think they're feeling that vacuum

@Pickly this guy :picard:

Sloppy. I'm surprised they really haven't fixed a thing and it looks like they haven't even tried to.

No guts and no effort. It doesn't matter how many you score if you can't get the puck out of your net.

I wonder how long this keeps up until Benning thinks about axing Green.

The coaching has been awful and it shows on the ice.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm no fan of Baumer, at all, bug the problem isn't systems related, it's execution and effort related.  When defensive zone play is that horrific, it's not coaching.

You aren’t wrong.

What is scary is if the players don’t hold themselves accountable for poor effort, you’d hope the staff could..

If not that’s when the room is lost.

Sit Petey, Hughes and play who? Sutter, Juolevi?

The top players need to be better, but your top players are going to go through some struggles - especially as young players. 1 or 2 players can't carry your team in hockey, unless its McDavid. You need to have a supporting cast & we don't have a great one right now.

And its not for a lack of financial investment....

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

At that level?  Yes and no.......it kind of works like the military once you get to higher levels of hockey, as far as motivation goes.  The coach motivates the leadership group, the leaders motivate the infantry.

Even at the CHL level most players don't interact much with the coaching staff.  They lost two of their top leaders in Market and Tanev and I think they're feeling that vacuum

For you being a school teacher and me being an infantry vet stay in your lane 

• Haha 2

Just now, stawns said:

How's that working out?

Well....a few months ago in the playoffs, pretty well.

So we know it CAN and maybe some patience as they find a bit of confidence and, though that, momentum.  

You've been chomping at the bit to prove Petey is a bust for awhile now.  I'm not buying what you're selling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

But it certainly reflects on him if an entire group is failing miserably.  If practice isn't transferring over into games.

Stawns in his mind will always be right. You can’t argue with him. It’s like trying to debate with a 2x4

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, b3. said:

I don’t understand TG. I don’t mind the guy. But it seems like he tries to coach via mental games and tricks all the time.

he's the reincarnation of darth vader...except some of us wishes, he would continue to put on that darn helmet when in public

5 minutes ago, Seguin said:

I hate this.

"i feel bad for us"

only a COUPLE mistakes?

"I am happy for Petey"

Shame. Zero fire. 

I agree. He is so passive.

At least say his own mistake on  questioning offside and costing us was a problem.  How about a damn.  Or a hell fire? Nope. Just passive.