The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

24-7 to the worst team in the league by a mile. Love to hear the Green fan boys spin this crap. 

"Well, I thought we played the opening 5 mins pretty good...it could have been our best opening 5 mins this season...it's too bad, those 5 mins include the 3 mins for the national anthem...it's something that we can build on, like when we play an american team and there are 2 national anthems!"

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Why isn't Myers hiding(from tv time) after that PK-blunder?! Freeken glacial-pace moving a puck outa' the corner. I knew that blunder was gonna' burn us.

You have to take the bad with the good.  Without Myers shot, Motte doesn't score

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Green is no different then Desjardins just the same level of coach, nothing special or great, just decent. 

What is the criteria for a good coach? Other than Green, who are some good and bad coaches in the NHL? Babcock was revered for a decade then quickly lost favour for being too old school. By all accounts (except CDC) Green seems to be highly regarded around the NHL. Lebrun, Friedman and the like have repeatedly said that Green is highly regarded league wide and he would be scooped up in an instant if he wasn't renewed.

People seem to shat on Green as if there are other options out there and as if they know him as a coach. I have been pro benning but I think he deserves more criticism than Green.

1 minute ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Problem is this is an easy game..  OttWa is the worst team by far i  the Canadian division and Canucks are loaded with young guns and just now ramping up their engine. Absolutely they should crush Ottawa - the sentiment can be echoed by many posters here.

Yes but the way the Canucks are playing we aren't that far behind.