The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What is the criteria for a good coach? Other than Green, who are some good and bad coaches in the NHL? Babcock was revered for a decade then quickly lost favour for being too old school. By all accounts (except CDC) Green seems to be highly regarded around the NHL. Lebrun, Friedman and the like have repeatedly said that Green is highly regarded league wide and he would be scooped up in an instant if he wasn't renewed.

People seem to shat on Green as if there are other options out there and as if they know him as a coach. I have been pro benning but I think he deserves more criticism than Green.

Criteria imo would be to start seeing a much better winning percentage with the system you are coaching with, if it's good enough the results will show that, but if it's not good enough the results will stay around .500.

Desjardins had around a .500 record as coach 246GP 109W 110L. Green has pretty much the same 241GP 105W 108L. Neither system is showing progress which they should have if they were good coaches, a good coach would have results these coaches just aren't good enough imo, just decent. 

Benning doesn't get a free pass either, his drafting is the good, his signings and cap management is very bad.

1 minute ago, EliasBoeser said:

No injury? 7-1 win and his first career goal and he gets benched? 

07034CAD-E00B-4764-96C1-D40DC6A000E3.gif

I think it is because he is trying to give him a break. He has played a lot of games in a row. Back to backs today and tomorrow. I think the more games for him the better but it is only what makes the most sense as to why he is out.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82