The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, tas said:

sens-on-white-640x360.jpg.c7cff22eac09fc53f1650f67583a09a8.jpg

That's 1 out of 6 teams. Everyone else on our division is good. Kaprizov get to feast on Kings x 8, Sharks x 8 and Ducks x 8. From time to time, he also get a chance to put up points against an overrated Binnington. If we were in that Division, Hogs would have atleast 2 extra points by now.

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Please pray tell - who are these guys we can magically acquire without a trade - or even via free agency that want to come here?  Petry is signed - CAR is committed to Hamilton ... who's next up?  If a top four RHD comes available isn't a little presumptuous that we have the inside track on him with 31 other teams also looking?    Yeah! we save the cap.   Let's go out and buy us a new toy.   Ahh shucks Gudbranson is bought already ... what did it cost again for him? 

Huh?  You sound silly.

With the expansion draft coming up, there are a number of teams who will lose a quality D for nothing.  Do you not think they will be looking to make a trade and gain an asset rather than have them walk?  

I'm fine with Myers, but he is not irreplaceable in our top 4.  He is OK in that role at best, before factoring in his $6 mill.  There are a number of UFA's coming up that would fill Myers role at half the cost, quit acting like we'd need to replace Quinn Hughes.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

What is jakes value at

If the phone rang and a 3rd round pick was involved... do you do it 

lots of guys sitting that can fill the role 

No way.. sound like a broken record I know, but we can't sell this low. 

Cap savings would only be $1.5M slotting in someone else. I would however send him to the press box.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

There is 3 NHL teams allowing around 25% capacity into their buildings. Everything is done cashless and without contact . If you can go into a super store then why not a game. It doesn't make any sense.  To me.

BYOB and bring snacks. No contact protocols

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I'm not sure how much cap would remain if LE was bought out, so it's hard to figure out the best way to unload the contract.

Saves us $2m next year, costs us $1m cap the year after. Benning has shown zero appetite in spending assets to move him. Don't see that changing.

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't mind Myers, but I do think his contract is a bit too long.

It's shorter than most were fearing, or most comparable D get as UFA's and should expire before any major age related decline. It's a perfectly fine (if unspectacular), UFA contract. 

That said, I think it's highly likely we could get someone of similar ability who is younger and cheaper, that another team isn't going to be able to protect. Best case scenario we get that player AND keep Myers. Than we either have a ridiculously deep D, or have the option to move a D to some of the teams that lost one for a nice return as well.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Saves us $2m next year, costs us $1m cap the year after. Benning has shown zero appetite in spending assets to move him. Don't see that changing.

It's shorter than most were fearing, or most comparable D get as UFA's and should expire before any major age related decline. It's a perfectly fine (if unspectacular), UFA contract. 

That said, I think it's highly likely we could get someone of similar ability who is younger and cheaper, that another team isn't going to be able to protect. Best case scenario we get that player AND keep Myers. Than we either have a ridiculously deep D, or have the option to move a D to some of the teams that lost one for a nice return as well.

Myers had a beast of a game last night. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Myers had a beast of a game last night. 

I honestly don't know how anyone thinks his contract is so awful. His only real 'fault' is not being a first pair D :rolleyes:

I keep asking people to send me this long list of better, UFA aged players who signed lesser deals... Unsurprisingly, the response has either been RFA aged guys... or crickets :lol:

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

So Jake sits now while Roussel stays in the lineup?

how does that make sense?

while i agree Jake has not been much of a force, nobody has been as putrid as Roussel 

Roussel can PK and was a big part of Motte's second goal. What's Virt done?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

That's 1 out of 6 teams. Everyone else on our division is good. Kaprizov get to feast on Kings x 8, Sharks x 8 and Ducks x 8. From time to time, he also get a chance to put up points against an overrated Binnington. If we were in that Division, Hogs would have atleast 2 extra points by now.

LA just beat the Wild.  The Kings have also split their series vs Colorado and St Louis.  They were one of the better teams to end last season but couldn’t catch up their terrible start.  So far the West has the lowest spread between the top and the bottom of the division.  

Anaheim has 3pts in 2 games vs Colorado.  They also beat the Wild.  

Hoglander gets to play with Horvat.  Kaprizov has had so far Bjugstad and Rask alternating as his centres.  Both guys who have barely played last season and are certainly not top-6 Cs but the Wild have only C3s and C4s. 

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

So Jake sits now while Roussel stays in the lineup?

how does that make sense?

while i agree Jake has not been much of a force, nobody has been as putrid as Roussel 

I think Rousel stays cuz he's been on the PK.

• Cheers 1