The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I would have considered it if he was a right-handed defenceman. But then again, would it make more sense to give a chance to Rathbone/Rafferty instead?

Yeah didn’t know he was another lefty.  I’d imagine the ask for Mete will be pretty big for what he brings.  Would love to see Rathbone.

Burke had it right. Refs LOOK for calls to make if one of two conditions happen:

• Team A scores on the PP
  • Refs call questionable penalty on Team B

When one of those two things happens, refs undoubtedly look for makeup calls. It's why NHL officiating is so bad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Nothing to do with giveaways and everything to do with coverage schemes

you think the last 2 minutes were giveaways?   

You are consistent, I’ll give you that. Consistently wrong, but still, consistent...

Edited by RomanP
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Virtanen couldn’t hold Bertuzzi or Neely’s jockstrap.  I wouldn’t worry too much about Jake turning into one of those guys.  

Bertuzzi sucked for the most part until age 24.  New York didn't worry about him turning into one of those guys - he was a practical throw in in the deal that brought him here.

And he was a worse player without the puck than Virtanen is  well into his mid 30s.  

Downright awful.

Btw - I love Bertuzzi lol (and always did, but...truth is truth)

Edited by oldnews