The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Stupid rule that will get changed when a team starts using it to their advantage or it happens in a cup final

They changed it to increase offence a couple years back and honestly I like it cause it removes the error of judgment from the refs.  It used to be that refs got it wrong a lot of the time and the entire opposition would complain so they make it cut and dry.

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

happy birthday GIF by Nickelodeon

they were supposed to win :(

While it doesn’t look great, we aren’t done and out of it yet. Petey got a post, Brock almost scored as well, it could very well be tied. Not over yet, time to dumpster dive for some cake.

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Demko 1st star of the week, he should've started this head to head vs Price and the backup Holtby to play the 2nd game.. Why is Green treating Demko like a backup? 

Before the start of the season, I had thought that we would see a 60/40 or 55/45 split in favour of Holtby and I think Green viewed the same. But after Demko's impressive performances, I wonder if that thought has changed for Green.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Makes sense, need a line change, instead of giving the puck away enter the zone, shoot it out, get your change and a face off in the oppositions zone.

It has to be directed on net. Intentional shootouts will exit the zone. 

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yeah they're a fast team but only one of our lines is skating and that's Mac Gaud and Sutter. Petey is the only one on the top line and Bo is having one of his floating around games. Look for Bo to light it up on a powerplay lol

Agreed we are not doing ourselves any favors : (

Just now, Darius said:

Why not start demko .. the hot hand.  

in a couple of the wins recently he bailed them out while they got it going.  Holtby doesn’t like like he has that ability 

Demmer was never going to play both games. Not hard to understand in such a condensed schedule

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

It has to be directed on net. Intentional shootouts will exit the zone. 

That’s not how I read it, it says in all instances.

PUCK OUT OF BOUNDS: When the attacking team is responsible for the puck going out of play in the attacking zone, in all instances, the face-off will be conducted at one of the two face-off dots in the attacking zone.