The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Montreal is really good infront of their net. Look at their defenseman: Weber, Petry, Chairot, Edmunson, Romanov. All big guys. And Montreal plays a really structured game.

They are the best team for a reason, gotta give them credit. And the chances we did have Jake Allen didn't blink.

Yeah I agree. I'm just saying I don't agree with the notion that Allen played sharp. He played well enough to win. The Canucks could've scored a lot more if they won a few more battles in front. Allen gave up numerous juicy rebounds every period.

11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The difference between systems is so apparent 

montreal is disciplined, great coverage, structured breakout, fantastic forecheck

we are well....a tire fire  

What a joke 

Yet the Green lovers will make yet another excuse and defend the incompetent clown 

Has Tippet turned the Oilers into a defensive powerhouse?

Hardly.  

If the Canucks had Tippet as a coach, could he suddenly turn the teams defensive woes around?  

Doubt it.

Fact of the matter is that execution on the ice is probably by day the bigger issue, and that can only be improved as the group evolves.

But u keep on yelling at those clouds champ!  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Wilfred said:

Yeah I agree. I'm just saying I don't agree with the notion that Allen played sharp. He played well enough to win. The Canucks could've scored a lot more if they won a few more battles in front. Allen gave up numerous juicy rebounds every period.

There's a reason why we couldn't win more battles up front.  Montreal plays a great D system.  

1 minute ago, Dirtman said:

Honestly, from watching JT's interview, I just get the feeling the guys are all tired and frustrated and will figure it out. They don't want to lose. And I feel like JT defended Green off handedly. Maybe I'm just looking really deep for positives.

Green echoing those comments. And I actually agree. Montreal is just flat out a great team, hard to beat, hard to generate chances against. 

With a few bounces it could've easily been in overtime - just gotta take the positives of a better effort tonight & move forward to new opponents.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, khay said:

Can't blame the players. They put in the effort. MTL locked it down in the 3rd. When you are down 4-1 going into the 3rd against a stronger team, it's usually going to be like that.

We couldn't afford to trade chances with MTL in the 3rd or we would be losing 6-2 again. Patient game was fine, Pearson's goal came too late.

If you are going to blame something, blame the system that fails to generate chances or any momentum and horrible defensive coverage. Man, I miss Tanev.

The effort was decent. It's pretty hard to commend the players any further than that when after the failed PP with a chance to make it 4-3, barely getting out of our own zone, they created next to nothing until it was too little too late.

Honestly,  I feel like it's blah blah blah at this point 

We have been epic losers for half a century. 

No more excuses,  and no more money invested personally. 

This 50 year patch should be humiliating for this team , and it's owners 

Screenshot_20210202-190252_Google.jpg

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This is what worries me. Elias Pettersson is joking about Toffoli. You have lost 4/5 and your making jokes. No leadership at all coming from the locker room with comments like that. 
here it is:

"What do you say, he should've scored some of those last year!" joked Elias Pettersson of the Tyler Toffoli thing. "What do you say? He's a great player, awesome guy. It sucks that he has to score those goals against us but it is what it is, we have to play him tighter."

Petey scored and showed some pushback....I'm ok with him.

He's a bit awkward in interviews.....just because they reported that he "joked" doesn't mean he isn't taking things seriously.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1