The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Lol and replace him with who? Newell Brown or Nolan Baumgartner? It’s a lot more difficult in today’s climate to can your coach and have his replacement waiting in the wings. 

Oh ya you're right only 1500 times in professional sports history has a head coach been relieved without a permanent replacement already in place.  

Teams do this to send a message in an effort to get the players to come together. It happens all the time and it is time to do it here.  Green is not the guy.  

Lol.

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Oh ya you're right only 1500 times in professional sports history has a head coach been relieved without a permanent replacement already in place.  

Teams do this to send a message in an effort to get the players to come together. It happens all the time and it is time to do it here.  Green is not the guy.  

Lol.

It’s a shortened covid season with negative revenue.

Lol

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

they have a number of 'mentors' remaining

But Marky was EP's mentor... and OEL wanted to play with Marky....

Irrelevent.

The decision was - which goaltender is likely to fit better in your team's potential contending window. 

No bigger lover than Markstrom on these boards than myself - but I had to acknowledge that is was either Demko or Markstrom - and let it go.

but you take it beyond that to but 'so-and-so was so-and-so's buddy'.  Boohoo to that. 

It's a pro hockey team, not a clique or social club.  Friends are going to move on - (and they're still your friends if you're real friends - which is what your off ice life is for - your business). 

Boohoo, Toffoli was Pearson's friend. 

No one disliked Leivo.

None of that has a whiff to do with having to make decisions.   Media can mope about it all as much as they want.  Players need to grow up and be professionals - and I'm pretty sure they're far more emotionally mature than the twittiots surrounding the team.

You missed the context of my comment old boy. But thanks.

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I can think of quite a few on here that just want to see the team burn so they can get their way with firings they’ve been crying about 

That’s not true. It’s about accountability. You make it sound like it’s Bennings first year on the job. He’s been here seven years. That’s a long time for any gm. He’s had very little success in that time. You can’t be going back and forth as an organization and expect to be contenders. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

56 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

And what’s your take? Virtanen is a solid player who needs another chance?

It’s Green’s fault, just like the Hitmen and Willie were responsible before for Jake not realizing his full potential. I personally have to point the finger at Myers for not making sure Jake was ready to go, and maybe Jake’s mom for not making sure he ate his veggies. 

Edited by guntrix