The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

Ya but roosters is in Pitt meadows or was.

Is the bourbon still around?

That's why it was the perfect pad.

Roosters had people for Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, PoCo, Coquitlam, Langley, Mission and Abby come out.

Not sure about the Burb.

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

QH misses Stech - the only player shorter than him on the team

Stech never quits in a game.

EVER.

Many here overlook that element of things...they see a small player and immediately dismiss him.  But that kind of heart is like what Burr brought...and it rubs off.  Even in games where we're down and out, those kind of players always drive as hard as if it's a one goal game.

If I go back and look, some who just complain about everything also:

Whined about Tanev being beat up and wanting him gone

Slammed Stecher

Didn't have a whole lot to say about TT

I still remember people who ripped on AV and wanted him gone.   When he left we got.....Torts > Willie.

Be careful what you wish for.    I feel like this team just needs to settle in, and they will.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Very true but there are also (although mostly unproven) talent coming in and this year was projected to be a regression due to losses in FA.  As a fan, I still had high hopes...

Yeah you never know how good new guys might play, true.  Though if you zoom out a bit and look at how this team has played for a long time and even leading up to the bubble, it wasn't good.  Could you expect for the PP to stay near the top AND your goalie to play at a near Vezina level AND your young players not to have a long slump?   Because that's what it took for this team to scrape into the playoffs.  And now you're asking for all that to continue despite losing the team MVP, and few other important guys. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Yes it is. 

I used to get blasted at The Cambie. Start at noon go till 5. Walk down the street to a place I can't remember for double Jack and cokes for $5. 

End up at that dicey chicken place and bus home. Maybe go to the Blarney Stone.

You know what the crazy thing is, is that if they had started the rebuild right away when Benning was hired we might have been in a position to contend with all the draft picks we could have had. They basically prolonged the losing and added years to not being legitimate contenders. Imagine all the young players we could have had and the money that could have been spent on impact players.  They were/are greedy and wanted to suck every penny out of the public to put it in their big fat pockets.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Too much is made out of a pretty accurate statement.  It's an adjustment because those players were often the ones providing stability when we needed it most.  So it's not a "boohoo my friend left" but more of a statement about the holes that needed to be filled as a result of those player leaving.  Obviously they're feeling that.  Tanev is a very solid d man...calm, composed and in games where it's turning around quickly, could provide some of that.  Marky gave them an extra bit of confidence as he did stand on his head at times.  

I hate the drama.  I'm so over it and won't do Twitter, the radio, etc. because those guys LOVE headlines and that's what this is all about.  Keep the story going.

I won't participate.  

Let the team continue to sort it out (they will).  Any more drastic changes and it likely will just play into it all.  They need to establish some stability and uprooting things, at this point, won't serve that well.

Not saying we shouldn't make some changes....I just don't know that it will help to calm things down any in the current state.

Get home, have a full day off/of rest.  Practice then reset and see what happens.

This is my only 'social media' because of all of what you just said. My main concern is months after the fact our main core guys keep repeating how sad they are their friends are gone, and how that's more or less the reason they cant up their game. It's not a good look, This sort of mindset should not be acceptable if this is the core group that is suppose to lead this organization for the next 10+ years. Easiest fix is a coaching change. It will help change the mindset in the locker room.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You know what the crazy thing is, is that if they had started the rebuild right away when Benning was hired we might have been in a position to contend with all the draft picks we could have had. They basically prolonged the losing and added years to not being legitimate contenders. Imagine all the young players we could have had and the money that could have been spent on impact players.  They were/are greedy and wanted to suck every penny out of the public to put it in their big fat pockets.

Or we’d have missed out on Hughes, Pettersson, Hoglander and Podkolzin.

Playing the woulda shoulda coulda game is just ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Queue the standard 

“we played a good 2.5 periods, just had a few breakdowns. Good team over there. Proud of the boys. Good effort tonight”

I think they can sub you in for Green in the postgame interview and no one will notice :P