The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Devron44 said:

I didn’t see any point in a timeout. Why would you waste it. What if you had to review a play. We weren’t getting enough traffic in front of the net. Wouldn’t be hard to express that to the team throughout the game 

If it was expressed the message was not followed 

sometimes you just need to stop as it’s happening and reset  

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm done with Green if he doesn't have his young rookies back post game. He should be paying a fine tomorrow for calling out the refs tonight. But Green played like a female cat, figures he coaches as one. 

He should send MacEwen after the refs after that performance.  Meier has caused problems with us before, but both of those dirtbags should be deported for criminal negligence.  Either Benning or Green needs to publicly insist on holding the officials accountable for their misconduct tonight.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya I am getting tired of hearing people say they are fine. Hughes plus minus isn't fine and being stuck on four goals is not fine after 21 games. You have to explain why they are fine??

Growing pains. They are still pups. Again, surround your stars with some size and speed and toughness. All players have their roles but this team is severely lacking in some size and grit. It's  embarrassing. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, rekker said:

This team is as soft as I've seen in years. This is on JB.

I disagree. I think it's on Green. We have guys that are tough. They're just never playing. All 4 of those guys can fight and will fight and are notorious for being team 1st guys. 

I actually think that's one thing Jim Benning has been exceptional at is acquiring depth guys for cheap that are gritty and can make an impact however they're severely overshadowed by the big contracts of Sutter, Beagle and Eriksson (obviously where JB has been brutal). 

Ultimately it's on coach though for not using the tools at his disposal. He's the lineup maker. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He should send MacEwen after the refs after that performance.  Meier has caused problems with us before, but both of those dirtbags should be deported for criminal negligence.  Either Benning or Green needs to publicly insist on holding the officials accountable for their misconduct tonight.

It's so corrupt.  From the brutal schedule to the refs....absolute slime.  We get screwed over so often and I am sick of it.  I swear when we're allowed back in my cowbell's going over the glass and I'm aiming for black and white targets.  Maybe I'll trade it for a slingshot.

If the refs don't want to take care of dirty stuff they're responsible for the Bertuzzi's.  It's their fault that things boil over.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

When you have a Power Play that is 0-100 you should at least have a player or two in the line up that can dish out frontier justice . 

You think we have a Lucic or Kassian?  Our toughest guy is Zack MacEwen...

Edited by Dogcrazy

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Yeah i mentioned earlier, at least he's not getting that big pay day too early. His play is imo 100% mental and maybe sitting a game forces a mental shift. Quit trying to do too much and put the puck in the god damn net. 

Likely end up pushing the wrong buttons with a player of his caliber. Especially considering he is a very important player to our success when we're rolling.

You sit a player when his effort levels are low which hasn't been the problem. His confidence is at an all-time low.  Sitting won't help that but make it worse and perhaps bring about the wrong type of response. Doubt the rest of the team would like to see him sit too so you could end up doing more harm than good.

Simply put the pros of playing him outweigh the cons of scratching him by a lot.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Down 2-0, let’s just pass the puck around with no urgency.

We’ve done this at least three times this year down two. The fact that none of our coaching staff has addressed this is a complete fail. I just can’t understand what they are thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Refs have zero issue screwing us over knowing Green won’t say a word to them

just once i would like to see him lose it on them and fire his team up 

but it never has and never will happen with him 

Maurice on the other hand has had classic interactions with the refs 

I always see Green talking to the refs. I’ve also seen him lose it on the team, not many times but he’s done it.

Maurice is one of the best and I don’t see him giving it to his team. He actually defends them a lot with media. Similar to Green.

Green might not be the right coach but you’re not really spitting facts here..

• Cheers 1

Ultimately our top line just hasn't been as good we need for us to be a playoff team, plain and simple.

Last year when we were rolling early they were one of the best lines in the NHL. They aren't now & we've struggled to get offense when we need it. 0-11 when we don't get the first goal states that clearly. 

Miller is a good player, but he had a career year last season. Maybe we need to ask the question if it was just that? And part of it is also Petey not being at his best, and that affecting Miller as they do have great chemistry. But Miller's certainly off a bit. 

Boeser has played really well, but with his style of play he's the complimentary piece on that line, & 1 guy can only do so much.

Then Petey.. He's had bad luck, 8 posts or whatever. If some of those go in the narrative is a little different, but... aside from not finishing his chances - he's also not generating as much for his linemates. 

Hoglander has been great, Horvat has been good, but beyond the 2nd line we don't have enough offense throughout the lineup. And the PP has struggled which is a key for this team to have success. (21st)

Our goaltending & defense have tightened up the last stretch, but we just can't find the goal when we need it. 

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's so corrupt.  From the brutal schedule to the refs....absoluteslime.  We get screwed over so often and I am sick of it.  I swear when we're allowed back in my cowbell's going over the glass and I'm aiming for black and white targets.  Maybe I'll trade it for a slingshot.

I'll start a GoFundme for your bail.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2