The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

23 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

We literally had a line brawl for hog...

At the point he was being mauled of course we were going to jump in 

The point to jump in and defend him was when he took 3 crosschecks and a slash. We stood there and let that happen and did not respond. Thats a wimp soft team 

Fartbert knows we are soft to he decides to do some more later on 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

In what way? Same amount of pts in twice as many games. 

We're  5-6 with mac in the lineup 

We're 2-2-1 with little things in the lineup

Macewens hits have never really made an impact in a game this year imo. 

Neither of them look like am nhler to me 

I hear you but in terms of a bigger winger that is willing to engage he is our only option at this point 

we should have picked up local guy Khaira when he was on waivers 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I hear you but in terms of a bigger winger that is willing to engage he is our only option at this point 

we should have picked up local guy Khaira when he was on waivers 

Khaira would have been a solid pick up, but no cap space. We have a couple bigger wingers in Mac or Bailey who is now hurt but neither of them play a hard nosed game with a mean streak...If they want to try and have an NHL career that would be what they need to add to their game. Even Gadj, a bigger guy we drafted but he doesn't really use his size to his advantage either.

Are the Canucks opposed to drafting or signing a player who plays that style!? Sure would be nice to have some protection for the young core guys, people can't whine about no calls from the refs...the team as a whole has to stand up for each other and not wait for a PP and hope they can beat them that way circa Sedin era Canuck hockey

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Khaira would have been a solid pick up, but no cap space. We have a couple bigger wingers in Mac or Bailey who is now hurt but neither of them play a hard nosed game with a mean streak...If they want to try and have an NHL career that would be what they need to add to their game. Even Gadj, a bigger guy we drafted but he doesn't really use his size to his advantage either.

Are the Canucks opposed to drafting or signing a player who plays that style!? Sure would be nice to have some protection for the young core guys, people can't whine about no calls from the refs...the team as a whole has to stand up for each other and not wait for a PP and hope they can beat them that way circa Sedin era Canuck hockey

Thing is, give them a chance to develop some sort of angst...often that comes over time with teams that get under each other's skin.  

I don't agree with Mac not playing a hard nosed game.....he does.  Not really a mean streak, you're right...but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.   He's got 32 games under his belt compared to Khaira's 229.   You're not really giving Mac a fair assessment until he reaches that level too....can't determine what he is/isn't yet in my view.  Khaira's a couple of years ahead of Mac.

We sure can point out the ref's blatant failures without it being "whining".   And, if complaining is whining then that applies to "complaints" about drafting too.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I like Jake staying in the line up too.

We rag on him, but we need "potential" push back and he at least offers some of that.

I agree and since he’s been back in the bottom six he looks better, more drive. I’m not writing off what him and GAud did last year yet! Chalk it up to slow starts. We need those two chipping in last year their 30+ goals help big time

• Cheers 3

32 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, give them a chance to develop some sort of angst...often that comes over time with teams that get under each other's skin.  

I don't agree with Mac not playing a hard nosed game.....he does.  Not really a mean streak, you're right...but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.   He's got 32 games under his belt compared to Khaira's 229.   You're not really giving Mac a fair assessment until he reaches that level too....can't determine what he is/isn't yet in my view.  Khaira's a couple of years ahead of Mac.

We sure can point out the ref's blatant failures without it being "whining".   And, if complaining is whining then that applies to "complaints" about drafting too.

I agree with Mac, I like him and what he can bring but our coach seems to not trust him unfortunately...He should be in our lineup but man, do we miss Motte!!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

16 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

But they could have thrown a few punches, it looked like a male love fest to me.  Why didn't Jake start throwing haymakers. Too worried about their soft hands. Could have created a brawl that the incompetent ref. Would have Caused. But no, they all huggeg eachother like they are coached to do. Pathetically soft.

It's a gay man's fantasy without the jerseys.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

What we saw was NOT a line brawl... 0 fights happened just a bunch of scared men jumping and grabbing onto each other. Maybe it is considered a line brawl for european hockey tho!?

Easy to see the  new hockey fans that think that was  brawl.  Back in the old days that kind of "gathering" took place after every whistle. Haha. Brawls meant fights and lots of them and often, the players on the bench -and the goalies- joined in.  Real animosity and if you pulled the crap fartbart did on Hogs, you knew someone was coming for you to exact revenge.  The  new nhl is more like dancing with the stars than old time hockey.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

We literally had a line brawl for hog...

you mean a group hug. I didn't see any fighting. Nothing at all...The new NHL definition of a line brawl I guess. They can start playing spa music to ensure it's a success. Perhaps let teletubbies on the ice at the same time.

• Cheers 3

Was thinking last night about the NHL’s EBUG rules (emergency back up goalie) and how you’re basically allowed to dress anybody who can wear pads, when your starter and backup get injured. Maybe we should find the biggest, scariest bareknuckle streetfighter or MMA guy in Canada and get him some goalie pads and a few bear league starts (just to make it look legit). If the refs ever decide to pull shenanigans and not keep order and protect the players, our goalies both suddenly come down with mysterious “injuries” and can’t play, and we put an absolute monster in the net. On the next puck drop, he just goes Gino style and fights everyone, only stopping his rampage when the whole opposing team, five skaters and the goalie, are either well bloodied or completely laid out and “taking a nap” on the ice.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Pettersson and Miller have struggled all season, and here VAN is in second last in the division after playing more games than any other team. Miller with 4 goals and Petey with 5 is laughable. They need to step it up big time if this team has any chance this year. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

The refs will be all over Forbort tonight you watch. They know they let him get away with it last game but tonight will be different. 

I would be very surprised if this was the case given the criminal negligence that happened last game.  If thew league actually held refs accountable, I would agree with your logic, but we're likely going to get the same scumbags from the previous game with absolutely no indication from their league that their conduct wasn't acceptable.  I'm expecting them to be protecting Forbort from getting what he has coming to him.  If I'm right, Meier needs to be spending the next 6 months in the ICU so he isn't able to pull any more of this crap, and a message is sent to the league that there are consequences for unprofessional officials who disgrace the sport with their refusal to call an honest game.

• Cheers 3