The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Exactly this!

The unfortunate truth is, we are are into another rebuild, like it or not!

So Benning has to do exactly as you suggest, and not sell picks, but rather gather picks instead.

Here one last thing, that I forgot to add in our next core...............I believe that Mcewen should be in it as a 4th liner, and that people should get off of Jake and accept him as a 4th liner...........I am of the opinion Gaudette does not fit our rebuild, I hope he proves me wrong!

The other thing is Green needs to start rolling 4 lines, as I think he will burn out his top 2 lines and Hughes if he does not!

Prorate McEwen and Jakes hits last night to Millers minutes and they both out hit Miller, which my only point is, if you are going to utilize Mac and Jake, you have to give them the time.

The last time we won(Calgary 5-1) was when he rolled all 4 lines. When he over plays the Lotto line and Hughes, bad things happen. I really don't know why he does that. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

The way i see it - the elder core members become the old - the younger guys become the blue chip star types in their prime, and what's coming into the pipe pushes to also become a core player.   A few add ons - and we have our widest window.    Thats team that's playing since TO - is not the same team that started the season.   Regardless of the result we've been better then whom we've played.    Losing Markstrom was a requirement - and learning curve for this team.   Last year we'd be on a winning streak right now playing the way we have no doubt.   No fault to Holtby (one great game) or Demko (two and one wasted).   Team needs to learn how to win by not relying on exceptional goaltending in the mix if we are going anywhere.   If we played Vegas as well as we have the past 7 games who knows where we would have gone last year right?     

None of us are coaching the team - as fans, at least how i see it, we should support our team through thick and thin - doesn't make you a homer.    It's easy to say the bar should be really really high after all these years and not accept anything but brilliance.   It's also not realistic.   Not calling you out one bit - like reading your stuff so keep it up.    Just saying maybe we should all take a pill and relax or whatever - and just see how this plays out before passing judgement.   BB... well how many trade threads were made about him last year - plus the "church of JV" ...  love talking to you folks but maybe we should all just relax and see how it plays out?  Nothing that we say on here will make a lick of difference anyways. 

Giant love around here IBatch

I love all the opinions around here.

Sometimes, I even change my opinion because of them

I do not want people to chill and all we have is Vanilla 

It would be so boring

I don't like to Troll

But I have written posts I don't believe in, to get a response

Because I wondered if I was right, so I wrote my opinion based on the otherside

Aka....trading Boeser........I actually got pretty scorched for it...lol

I have one now about Hughes........I want people to defend him, or die trying

It makes me more open to other posters idea's

Personally....and nothing personal......but just to say, we are just fans, and should not have an opinion

Pi$$es me off, as they take my money to pay for those players, so I think I am entitled to at least have that

I have also coached for many years, and played for like a 1000 years, so I think I have some understanding

but in saying all that........I like your opinions, Jimmy's, Joe's, Deb's etc.......

It beats staring at 4 walls for the rest of my life.........

So spout away, give me your best! I still love ya all man!

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Elias Pettersson:

Things even out, luck is often on a pendulum. Sticks will stop breaking & those shots will all be going post & in soon enough. 

Wait for it, you’ll see!

Patience Petey! 

Edited by viking mama

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Ferland Sutter Hoglander

Motte Beagle Roussel

Hughes Tanev

Edler Myers

Markstrom

That was the dream of what could have been. If not for a couple bad contracts, the cap going flat, and Ferland still having a few good years we would have had a window to contend right now.

Thankfully our core is young enough that that window will be open for awhile. Just have to continue to draft well, open up cap space, and hopefully get our core locked into good deals long term.

I am quoting you twice on this DeNiro as it pulled something else out of me

Again, it is over your last comment

So, as much as I love Huggy and Pettie, and the group of them

There still is not that game controller....that guy that can pull us out all by himself

They do not grow on trees and every team is searching for him

and they do not give them up easily

So the way to get them, is too draft them, and "Usually" them come out of the top 10

So, you just do not give up those picks.........

That is what I think you are saying, even if not generational......you don't give up those types of picks

unless it is a huge over payment

Edited by janisahockeynut

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hey, there, did you ever hear about this Pettersson guy or his friend Hughes? They came to visit their friend Boeser, and tell them about these 2 guys Hoglander and Podkolzin.

They are all getting togther at the draft to see who the Canucks pick next! 

thats kind of my point, we can afford to move this years pick for an immediate need like the next 3C or RHD

5 hours ago, gurn said:

No.

Some are, but they are as wrong as those calling him a bust.

Jake is a fast skater, occasional hitter, who scores about 20 goals per season on limited ice time.

Not a bust, not a star.

A middle 3rd winger, every team has a middle third player or two.

Occasional hitter? U mean the rare occasion? 20 goals per season? He's on pace for 4 points this season. He's avg 2 min less in avg ice time than last season and mostly coz he's barely played the last few games coz he's been trash. A 6th overall pick that's been called out multiple times about work ethic comes into camp out of shape multiple times. Expectation and potential to be a top power forward instead a bottom 6 player in the press box more often than not. Hes not in the lineup if Motte is healthy. If he was picked in the 3rd 4th 5th round than ya I'd agree he's not a bust. 

• Cheers 2

I wish I had enough hokey knowledge to properly evaluate TG performance as a head coach, but I don’t.

I just have some concerns and maybe those of you guys who have a better knowledge may comment on it:

1.      Looks like many players took a step or two back this season- JV, AG, EP, Schmidt, and I just concern what will happen to Hoglander under coach Green? Also, OJ development – maybe the strategy is to bring him along slowly based on his injuries history, but not playing him after he scored the fist NHL goal- I can understand it;

2.      Lack of in game adjustments;

3.      Who is our number 1 goalie? I am not sure.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats kind of my point, we can afford to move this years pick for an immediate need like the next 3C or RHD

Jimmy....beam up!

LOL, I have to disagree with you....this year is too late, too much risk

The point is, you get Horvat quality out of the top 10, and the risk is too great to just flip for a 3rd liner

So, for me, it depends on where the pick is, and who is offered...........

No willie nillie, shoot from the hip generalization....................where is the pick? who is the guy offered?

Maybe a top 10 protected...........but you are not getting what you want with that condition....

Oh, yes, and no oldies.................. 24 or younger, maybe 25, which makes it really paradoxal,

because why would a team trade a player they are trying to find? You draft those babies

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

Jimmy....beam up!

LOL, I have to disagree with you....this year is too late, too much risk

The point is, you get Horvat quality out of the top 10, and the risk is too great to just flip for a 3rd liner

So, for me, it depends on where the pick is, and who is offered...........

No willie nillie, shoot from the hip generalization....................where is the pick? who is the guy offered?

Maybe a top 10 protected...........but you are not getting what you want with that condition....

Oh, yes, and no oldies.................. 24 or younger, maybe 25, which makes it really paradoxal,

because why would a team trade a player they are trying to find? You draft those babies

I'd do lotto protected + Gaud's and shop that around. 

I guess if you can show me a guy in this years draft thats gong to contribute soon, let me know. I don't see that kid, or a C with any size. 

4 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

MacEwen's fight was the highlight of the night for me.

It was refreshing to finally see a Canuck that can actually fight, stick up for his teammate.

We've been missing that bite for a long while.

It was good to see Hogs enjoying it too. I wonder if Petey and Boes were wondering where that was when they took their beatings?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1