The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alex Burrows named assistant coach of Montreal Canadians

Rate this topic

AriGold2.0

29 minutes ago, gurn said:

You keep talking about a big story that is being ignored, then you ignore it.:unsure:

Check the thread.  I’ve actually responded to people who think this was unexpected or premature.  It wasn’t.  Julien should have been fired last year.  I’m optimistic about Ducharme and Burrows.  They need to fix Montreal’s dismal special teams.  It’s gotta be the number one priority 

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

You had 6 posts, then used the 7 th to say no one was talking about Ducharme. So 7 previous opportunities to mention Ducharme and you didn't, but talk about how funny it is others aren't mentioning about him.

9 posts in and while you may have talked about a  "big" story you have yet to identify  just what it is you think is the big story.

Yes, you have responded to people.

But now 10 posts in and  while you have said things on this thread, you have yet to identify what you think is a big story.

Just say what you think the big story is, and let the others reply as to whether they agree with you or not and why they do or don't.

The bigger story is the firing of the head coach. How do you not get that? If it was Green being fired you wouldn’t need someone to spell it out for you 

• Sad 1

I think Montreal’s expectations are unrealistic.  They are very young at the Center ice position and probably between them and Calgary have the 5/6 best centres in the division.  Unless Price is rocking. 930 percentage and stealing games they were always a bubble playoff team despite what the pundits were suggesting preseason.

41 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The bigger story is the firing of the head coach. How do you not get that? If it was Green being fired you wouldn’t need someone to spell it out for you 

Honestly, who gives a crap about the Julien firing, when Alex Burrows has received a promotion?     :P Also  the thread title is "Alex Burrows named..." Not "Julien fired." So people are mostly with in the topic.

In my personal defense I do believe this was my first post itt

"

Not sure why Montreal did this.

They are in play off contention with 22 points in 18games, good for 4th spot.

3 points up  on Calgary with a game in hand 

4 points up on Vancouver with 5 games in hand

9 points up on  Ottawa with 3 games in hand

1 point behind Winnipeg, same games played

3 points behind Edmonton, with 3 games in hand

8 points behind Toronto with 2 games in hand.

Something else, other than play off concerns going on?

Edited by gurn
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Honestly, who gives a crap about the Julien firing, when Alex Burrows has received a promotion?     :P Perhaps the OP should re name this thread and give Alex proper coverage? Something like "Alex in, Julien out?"

In my personal defense I do believe this was my first post itt

"

Not sure why Montreal did this.

They are in play off contention with 22 points in 18games, good for 4th spot.

3 points up  on Calgary with a game in hand 

4 points up on Vancouver with 5 games in hand

9 points up on  Ottawa with 3 games in hand

1 point behind Winnipeg, same games played

3 points behind Edmonton, with 3 games in hand

8 points behind Toronto with 2 games in hand.

Something else, other than play off concerns going on?

Julien has lost the room.  Their top players from last year (Tatar, Danault, Weber, Price) are all in a funk.  Tatar was a healthy scratch a few games ago.  Apparently putting Bryon on waivers was not well received in the room either. From all reports He’s a highly respected vet that room.  

Add that to Montreal’s futility on special teams going right back to when Julien was hired.  

There are high expectations for the team after Bergevin retooled it this summer and seeing them struggle over the past 8 was no longer acceptable.  Ducharme is a much more aggressive coach who can likely make better use of the talent Bergevin has assembled. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Check the thread.  I’ve actually responded to people who think this was unexpected or premature.  It wasn’t.  Julien should have been fired last year.  I’m optimistic about Ducharme and Burrows.  They need to fix Montreal’s dismal special teams.  It’s gotta be the number one priority 

You can take Newall Brown. He should be hitting the open market some time soon. :bigblush:

• Cheers 1