The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

It is not Benning it is Green. I am sure of it.

Hoglander and no time has looked good with Pettersson so he puts them together again

JV has not looked good with Horvat. Puts them together.

JV and MAC look good with Sutter. Benches JV and MAC.

The list goes on and on.

Green has got to go.

It's partly Benning too.

He made too many changes and players take time to gel. It's a team game and almost everything had to go right given the number of changes he made for us to perform well out of the gate.

Losing Marky was fine because we had the successor in Demko who knows the players and the style that we play.

The radical changes to defence personnel was a huge mistake. We lost 3 players, Tanev, Fanta, and Stecher and replaced them with Schmidt, Juolevi, and Hamonic/Chatfield.

Of the 3 new players, only Juolevi can be considered as breaking even, maybe a slight upgrade over Benn/Fanta.

Funny thing is I can't say that Schmidt is an upgrade over Stecher. Maybe with time, he will be but not yet. The mistakes that Schmidt makes under pressure is hard to watch. Unlike Stecher who takes hits to make the play, Schmidt give the puck up to duck hits. And obviously Hamonic has been injured but even when he wasn't, he isn't at Tanev's level.

I think half of the blame should go to JB and this is coming from someone who has been JB supporter. I don't even blame him for signing Eriksson and Roussel all that much. But the personnel change on defence... that was stupid.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

13 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

It is not Benning it is Green. I am sure of it.

Hoglander and no time has looked good with Pettersson so he puts them together again

JV has not looked good with Horvat. Puts them together.

JV and MAC look good with Sutter. Benches JV and MAC.

The list goes on and on.

Green has got to go.

Agree with you. Team's CHECKED THE F OUT.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 4

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Our team is try hard and no finish. He saying they are trying hard. I am tired of all these excuses. Not easy to score unless your the other team.

The players are trying hard. They go to the net when the puck isn't and when puck is going to the net, they don't go to the net.

Trying very hard to avoid contact with the puck.

• RoughGame 3

This is gotta be the breaking point right? Like something has to happen tomorrow.

I know theirs no fans but 2 wins in February and 4 straight at home?

I thought for sure they would just wait out the year but this can’t be good for the young players like this? Can it?

• RoughGame 3

14 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

As much I love to have Bieska back, he is a freaking superstar on SN and birn to do media. 

Don't think he want to get into coaching, at least not until his kids are out of the house.

Exactly .... after years of travel, I'll bet he loves his time at home with the family. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

This is gotta be the breaking point right? Like something has to happen tomorrow.

I know theirs no fans but 2 wins in February and 4 straight at home?

I thought for sure they would just wait out the year but this can’t be good for the young players like this? Can it?

I have been ok with Green, but I am thinking it is time. This roster isn't thgat good, but something needs to happen to jolt some energy into the team

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Green felt relieved to be relieved of duties...

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

As much I love to have Bieska back, he is a freaking superstar on SN and birn to do media. 

Don't think he want to get into coaching, at least not until his kids are out of the house.

He'll be behind a bench before ya know it. Has been quietly running a hockey academy for close to a decade.

He has D coach written all over him.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Not President right away but I agree that having him be the face of the club wouldn't be a bad thing.  Later him, promote him to President once he gets his 'feet wet'.

• RoughGame 2

9 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

No , Jake wasn't absolutely terrible today. We are starting to accept that as a win. 

This reminds me of 2018-19 season. When EP scored, we (at least I) accepted it as a win regardless of the score.

• RoughGame 2

Just now, rychicken said:

I have been ok with Green, but I am thinking it is time. This roster isn't thgat good, but something needs to happen to jolt some energy into the team

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Green felt relieved to be relieved of duties...

See him when asked about Miller earlier?

I have seen 3 year olds with fluorescent orange faces who claim they had no idea what happened to the Koolaid powder who are more believable.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2