The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The NBA would still be in Vancouver if Stu Jackson hadn’t chosen to draft Bryant Reeves. 

He actually wasn't that bad a player before injuries did him in.  It was his monster contract + league mandated lower cap they (and Toronto) had to work with that did them in (caused them to have 'ham & eggers' on the bench - forcing the coach to ride the 'starting five' like a rented mule).

• Cheers 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He actually wasn't that bad a player before injuries did him in.  It was his monster contract + league mandated lower cap they (and Toronto) had to work with that did them in (caused them to have 'ham & eggers' on the bench - forcing the coach to ride the 'starting five' like a rented mule).

Wasn’t that bad of a player doesn’t equal a very good player. The whole scenario was a mess. 

20 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Dear god , Jim is looking for another 25 year old player. 

Hey Jim forget their age and worry about their skill level.

How about draft picks. Stick with what you are good at.

Pittsburgh: Sid for Erikkson, Baer, Sutter, and Gaudette

Vancouver: awww man is Sid 25?

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Wasn’t that bad of a player doesn’t equal a very good player. The whole scenario was a mess. 

Just horrible conditioning (not helped by no bench) plus already mentioned injuries.  Wasn't in a good situation (still put up respectable numbers - though that could prove that SOMEBODY has to score points even on the worst of teams).

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This stat is kind of hard to believe after what happened last game.

We've found lots of different ways to lose this year.  We actually haven't given up many 3rd period leads.  Mostly because we haven't had the lead very much in the third period.   Also having played more games than other teams makes our offensive stats look better than they are.  But hey, it can always turn around.  Maybe.  (that's about all the positivity I can muster right now)  Go Canucks Go!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And a team can’t grow roots if they’re asked to expose some players? That doesn’t quite compute. 

remember that they haven't had years or decades to generate organizational depth, and even though the expansion rules were kinder to them, they STILL built their entire organization from other teams' scraps and leftover ufas. there's been very little drafting and developing of their own talent. 

Edited by tas

I had a handful of cocktails the other day and reactivated my sportsnet now account t for the game.    
First period I was jazzed.  Thought I made a great decision.   
Unfortunately, I was wrong. 

Anyway.  
Lose for Hughes?

Cower for Power?   

Also, go Canucks go.  Lol!