The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

22 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Juolevi should be in the lineup, we need him playing. I think he could be a top 4 guy for us as quickly as sometime next season. 

I want him in the line up as well,   But am ok with home getting the odd night off and some extra practice time .  He better be back in next one or I’ll be choked,  he has been very good for us.

Sitting Juolevi makes no sense to me. He's not tired or hurt. He was a #5 draft pick for crying out loud, the guy is good and smart, let him play and develop.  Maybe Green doesn't have confidence in him?

I don't have confidence in Benn, he constantly makes bad plays, giveaways, he 's not very fast, doesn't stick handle well or pass. Good beard though, and I guess he can play physical when he wants.   

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Wouldn’t be a bad pick for Seattle 

Didn’t realize they pick from team name order. So it would make sense to play Mac to properly assess who should be protected. I haven’t done the math but after Bo, Petey, Boes, Miller who else are we going to protect Virtanen, Gaudette?

They don't.   30 teams (Vegas is exempt) submit their lists to Seattle.  They huddle for a day or two.  They announce their picks that form their roster

For good TV, they may announce their picks in alpha team order, but could well be, for example, that their very first pick they decide on is Holtby, and then structure the rest around a starting goalie

Edited by Googlie
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Sitting Juolevi makes no sense to me. He's not tired or hurt. He was a #5 draft pick for crying out loud, the guy is good and smart, let him play and develop.  Maybe Green doesn't have confidence in him?

I don't have confidence in Benn, he constantly makes bad plays, giveaways, he 's not very fast, doesn't stick handle well or pass. Good beard though, and I guess he can play physical when he wants.   

That could be applied to the majority of the team these days. Benn has played well, all things considered.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Vegas shouldn't be exempt. I don't get it, nor do I agree with it. 

if memory serves, that decision was made prior to them actually coming into the league, when everybody assumed they would be fighting the same uphill battle that every expansion team prior has. the league really wanted to setup these new expansion teams for success, and I think its the right decision even if it seems unfair. 

34 minutes ago, tas said:

if memory serves, that decision was made prior to them actually coming into the league, when everybody assumed they would be fighting the same uphill battle that every expansion team prior has. the league really wanted to setup these new expansion teams for success, and I think its the right decision even if it seems unfair. 

I may be old school with this opinion, but I think part of being an expansion club is to experience growing from nothing and going through those early tough years. Fans are usually so happy to have a team for the first while that it doesn’t matter if they win or not. They’ve gone way too far with things now. Vegas has been a powerhouse from the start. 

• Cheers 2

Well we are due for a win, no team in the league loses EVERY game...

Of course I have been saying this for a while, and I have been wrong.

Even if we do win, we aren’t closer to the playoff bar because one of Montreal or Winnipeg is getting points, and possible even Calgary.