The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

But can he play defence ? 

who cares

Rightys on the right Leftys on the wrong...

unless its Hoggy or Loui (he cn play both sides,don't you know)

we even run 2 Righties at center and 2 lefties 

I guess it helps Travis sleep at night

where there is symetry, there is happiness

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Which markets have failed? Kansas City and Atlanta. There’s also no proof giving an expansion team better players

is better for the league. As I stated other leagues don’t do this. In fact Vancouver and Toronto were hamstrung by expansion rules in the NBA. Pretty sure the NFL and NBA aren’t suffering. In fact Vegas seems pretty happy to have the Raiders. And they aren’t much better than an expansion team. 

People won't attend games if the team loses continually. The raiders proved their fans don't really care and Vancouver is no longer in Vancouver. 

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Which markets have failed? Kansas City and Atlanta. There’s also no proof giving an expansion team better players

is better for the league. As I stated other leagues don’t do this. In fact Vancouver and Toronto were hamstrung by expansion rules in the NBA. Pretty sure the NFL and NBA aren’t suffering. In fact Vegas seems pretty happy to have the Raiders. And they aren’t much better than an expansion team. 

those leagues HAVEN'T done it, doesn't mean they won't. what's wrong with being the first? you also can't compare those leagues to the NHL because they don't have the same challenges. they're not trying to expand into non-traditional markets in order to grow their game, because they already have total saturation. the NHL needs hockey to work all across the states if they don't want to be the CFL, and hockey is still a gimmick in most regions of the states. 

furthermore, the grizzlies are a perfect example of why change has been needed; if they had been given expansion rules similar to the golden knights and kraken, the NBA would still be in Vancouver. 

Edited by tas

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

We all hope that Canucks can win their remaining games. What’s troubling right now is that they are playing at home, and their playing better than they were, but their still finding ways to lose. 
Not everyone believes that they can win at a .750 for the rest of their games:

1.  With their veterans serving up pizzas night after night.

2. Rolling 2.5 lines every game.

3. With special teams that have not been “special”

4. Given their poor record against Canadian teams, last year and this year.

5. With good, bu not elite, goaltending.

6. Without a coaching change. 

St Louis had a complete turnaround two years ago and won a Cup, because the team fired their coaches.  Will the Canucks do something that significant, aka the Habs? Or will they maintain the status quo, and hope for a brighter future next year?

I think that the team is already looking ahead to next year. I’m not overreacting to a bad start. To me a bad start would be playing .500 hockey. Sub .400 is a horrendous start. 

Been a fan since day one, and that is and that he’s not rolling all four lines. We’ve already seen where that’s headed.

Overreaction or realism? 
GCG :towel:

All good points. I really don't know if they can turn it around. I just try to stay positive. I am an old guy too, started following the team earlly 70s as a kid. Would listen to the games on good old CKNW.

• Cheers 4

25 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

All good points. I really don't know if they can turn it around. I just try to stay positive. I am an old guy too, started following the team earlly 70s as a kid. Would listen to the games on good old CKNW.

i would love a good Canucks win, but i am just happy we get to watch our young team during this trying time with covid. GO CANUCKS GO!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

the league is healthier when expansion teams succeed. it benefits every team in both the short term (revenue sharing) and long term (overall league prosperity).

Not really. A new team should succeed and survive on their own merit without being exempt from the next expansion draft merely because they’re the last expansion team. Obviously Vegas isn’t suffering so they should have to partake. 

33 minutes ago, tas said:

those leagues HAVEN'T done it, doesn't mean they won't. what's wrong with being the first? you also can't compare those leagues to the NHL because they don't have the same challenges. they're not trying to expand into non-traditional markets in order to grow their game, because they already have total saturation. the NHL needs hockey to work all across the states if they don't want to be the CFL, and hockey is still a gimmick in most regions of the states. 

furthermore, the grizzlies are a perfect example of why change has been needed; if they had been given expansion rules similar to the golden knights and kraken, the NBA would still be in Vancouver. 

The NBA would still be in Vancouver if Stu Jackson hadn’t chosen to draft Bryant Reeves. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not really. A new team should succeed and survive on their own merit without being exempt from the next expansion draft merely because they’re the last expansion team. Obviously Vegas isn’t suffering so they should have to partake. 

nah. let them grow some roots. competition should be only on the ice, the league should be working together to succeed off the ice.