The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not really blaming Green for the decision cause the team seemed ready to play and they had momentum as the 1st was winding down then Sutter decided to have a brain fart & Holtby with his first softie..

Did you see the confused defense infront of Holtby? The team was not properly prepared and frankly hasn't been for most of the season, mostly on defence

Edited by Sbriggs
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It seems to me that Green is just an observer.  Passively observing what happens and then commenting.  He doesn't come at things from a take charge position but a neutral observer position. Ok. Misses the mark for me entirely.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Nobody signs a bargain basement goalie as a starter 

4.3M is not backup money.  Also a starter can’t just easily transition to backup.  It’s not the same playing rhythm and some goalies just can’t stay on their game without regular starts.  He’s probably not used to play that little with Demko now getting the bulk of the starts.  

The last 10 games went

Demko Demko Demko

Holtby

Demko

Holtby

Demko Demko Demko

Holtby

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

He's so &^@#ing delusional. 3 tip in goals and Demko standing on his head isn't structurally sound. 

Not to mention he basically reads the same script after every loss.

Never once has he put it on himself to say. I’ve  gotta be better. I’ve gotta find solutions to this.

Its the typical “certain players” didn’t play well enough.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, b3. said:

Covid or not, it’s ASTONISHING this coach and GM still have jobs. This team has continually gotten worse under their command.

Brutal time to be a fan.

It's still not as bad as being a Buffalo fan...

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not really blaming Green for the decision cause the team seemed ready to play and they had momentum as the 1st was winding down then Sutter decided to have a brain fart & Holtby with his first softie..

Cant believe you dont blame Green for his goaltending decision tonight. Demko would probably have the team play in OT this game at the minimum. Holtby should not have played this game.

1 minute ago, mll said:

4.3M is not backup money.  Also a starter can’t just easily transition to backup.  It’s not the same playing rhythm and some goalies just can’t stay on their game without regular starts.  He’s probably not used to play that little with Demko now getting the bulk of the starts.  

The last 10 games went

Demko Demko Demko

Holtby

Demko

Holtby

Demko Demko Demko

Holtby

That's really unbalanced for Holtby. I can sympathize.

2 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Did you see the confused defense infront of Holtby? The team was not properly prepared and frankly hasn't been for most of the season

I guess I got used to the sloppy play but they played with more intensity tonight and those softies by Holtby pretty much deflated the team.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not to mention he basically reads the same script after every loss.

Never once has he put it on himself to say. I’ve  gotta be better. I’ve gotta find solutions to this.

Its the typical “certain players” didn’t play well enough.

"I didn't bench Virtanen enough" 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I do realize this, but some things have to be accountable to the appropriate people. For example, do you blame the Prime Minister because your coffee was served cold at McDonalds?

Glad to hear Trudeau working at McDonald's. Not a surprise he can't serve hot coffee.

• Haha 1

I'm a fan of this team, but hasn't been a fan of the coaching for quite some time. I'd really like to see this roster play under a "structurally" sound coach. There's just too much talent being wasted by unproven coaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Cant believe you dont blame Green for his goaltending decision tonight. Demko would probably have the team play in OT this game at the minimum. Holtby should not have played this game.

With hindsight, Holtby should never play again until next year cause he has mostly been garbage this year except for 1 or 2 two games...

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Soooo the canucks were “structurally sound” but played a “weak game”

translation..   

my elite system is sound and the players suck 

classic Green 

that is why he needs to be canned 

says HIS team is soft... well duh you are Coach Ghandi

says he is frustrated? He does not get to say that. Fans get to say that. His has to say what he is going to do to fix it 

Incompetent fool 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I'm a fan of this team, but hasn't been a fan of the coaching for quite some time. I'd really like to see this roster play under a "structurally" sound coach. There's just too much talent being wasted by unproven coaches.

And a coach that rolls four lines...